ju-87b

The Ju 87 with the snake was an R-2 (externally similar to the B-2). The basic camo scheme is 70/71/65 with a random pattern of 79 over the original 70/71 topsides. I have yet to find a site with pics of the actual machine. But, there are some really nice models on the various modeling sites you can use to get a feel for what it looked like if you wish.

Also, most of the more recent research seems to indicate that the snake was not red, but either 79 or an Italian flavor of tan. Personally, I like the red snake better. ;)

HTH,

D

post-2-1112574665_thumb.jpg

Hi Razorblade

Here is a pic you may or may not find helpful.

I am of the side of newly applied "sand" as opposed to red. However, I rather like the "look" of the red.

Denie ;) post-26-1085226694.jpg

Ohhh, nice pic! It does make it look like sand more than red, red usually goes darker in B&W. It also seems to show it wasn't just white with the camo showing through as in some places the spots are next to the camo and are of a different shade.

As far as I know, there has been no evidence one way or another whether the snake was on both sides if the a/c?

Hi Ray

Don't know if it was on both sides or not. From what I understand the snake insignia was for propaganda only and seems unlikely to have been worn on combat operations.

Denie