Border Lancaster Dambuster Decal Sheet - Box Art Not Included - References Request

Juggernut

Just discovered that the marking choice on the box top (Hopgood’s, M for Mother) isn’t included in the kit.  That’s precisely the aircraft I want to model. <_<

I can cut masks for his markings but have no idea if there were any personalized markings on it or not.; anyone have an idea or a good source that might include his aircraft?

I built Gibson's aircraft from  the HK kit using Iconicair's Dambuster conversion kit (https://www.iconicair.com/product-page/dambuster-conversion-kit-for-hong-kong-models-1-32-scale-lancaster). It came with a fairly extensive decal sheet, of which I can only find remnants.  My memory is that it contained codes and serial numbers for most, if not all, of 618's aircraft. You might contact Graham French at Iconair and ask if the sheet covers your aircraft and if he would be willing to sell one separately. I could help you with the serial number as I do have two of ED825/G.  You need ED925/G, but you could easily cut part of the 8 to turn it into a 9. PM me with your address if you're interested.

According to "Dambuster Lancaster" by Forkasiewwicz and Poslethwaite, AJM carried no personalized nose markings.  When the wreck of the aircraft was examined the words "OFFICER"S ENTRANCE ONLY" were found chalked onto the starboard side under the S/N next to the main door.

Steve Sobieralski

Tampa, FL

7 minutes ago, europapete said:

Check out Wingleader's "photo archive number 18" on the Type 464 and B1 ( special). REALLY good reference photo's. 

This. Yes this Wingleader book (and Wingleader books in general) is amazing.

You can also see some AJ-M wreckage photos on the Wingnut Wings website. The page is no longer "indexed/public" but the old page and link still works. For now. 

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3194&cat=1