1/32 Fleet Air Arm Sea Vampire F20

thierry laurent

• 5 months later...
On 8/28/2022 at 1:33 PM, thierry laurent said:

Now the guns!

dfGWk76.jpg

zEjP5Bf.jpg

The pictures shows the fuselage lower half OOTB. You can see the major seam to remove (i'm still scratching my head to understand why it is not on the part edge...?) and the location of the guns. There is clearly an issue with the external ones. Normally the front of the hole of the external gun is starting right when the rear edge of the internal one is stopping. There should be no overlap! I filled that with plastic rod and when rick solid I will drill new holes close to 2mm further. Note the rear end of the rounded stenghtening plate must also be moved backwards. I'm considering thin vynil tape and surfacer layers to sand to replicate correctly that feature.

AqtdPDp.jpg

We will come back to that area later!

Good point. It seems I missed this part. Hurray, another task on my to due list. :rolleyes:

On 9/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, thierry laurent said:

I also made a new pitot tube out of Albion aluminium ones.

WvkW4sb.jpg

For whatever reason linked to the picture, it does not look straigth. :blink:

Hopefully it is! ^_^

Nice idea! I love it. :wub: I'll do the same. Thanks for the hint. 

Thierry, I can feel you with all the difficulties of this kit. Excellent work taking on this tricky assembly process! I should have go through this post prior starting my own project. So I got many new ideas for the next build. Thank you a lot. :wub:

2 hours ago, CarstenB said:

Thierry, I can feel you with all the difficulties of this kit. Excellent work taking on this tricky assembly process! I should have go through this post prior starting my own project. So I got many new ideas for the next build. Thank you a lot. :wub:

Thanks very much! I will go back to that kit as well as the Tunnan when I will have ended the current large 1/35 project I started when the LSP projects were temporary put aside.