1/32 ZM Kettenkrad

mc65

hi all,

often during the building of a complex kit I take a breath with little projects, just to avoid the target fixation on the main one. also, I build subjects complementary of the main one, being the idea (the hope) to match these on a diorama, at the end.

here is a Zoukei Mura Kettenkrad, I wanted to try it for the scale, being the alternative the 1/35 one, and for the manufacturer, just to have an idea of their kits level of detail and of the cost/benefit ratio.

IMG_1532.jpeg

nice, I must admit.

but I threw in all the AM I found, like PE and driver, and still I was not satisfied with some items.

in example, I had to change the seat springs and modify its pivoting point to have access at will at the engine compartment.

IMG_1540.jpeg

engine compartment wich is very nice, albeit missing some detail I added by scratch.

IMG_1538(1).jpeg

a thing that drew me crazy were the front fork springs, the real one are two biconical objects, while the kit's ones were some orrible cylindrical rods. it took me some time to find the solution, but here we are.

IMG_1448.jpeg

so, nice kit, but at an unreal cost, with all the extra ZM proposes, and wich obviously I purchased.

IMG_1536.jpeg

to add some frustration, I managed to lost an external wheel, and realized that willing to tow my Me262, this was my first intention, it's not prtical due to the dimensions of the two linked togheter. so, it will probably tow a Special Hobby V1, creating the paradox in wich the towing's kit cost will be tree times the towed's one!

these two reasons, plus my deep idiosyncrasy at painting figures, leaves it as is, at the moment.

IMG-1896.jpg

cheers, Paolo