1:32 F-84E decals/markings, Korean War?

LSP_K2

Now that I've finally snatched a 1:32 F-84E, I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be an abundance of Korean War markings for them. The decals in the kit look OK, sort of, but I'd really prefer to use better quality, if at all possible. Zotz does a sheet that I can still get, but I believe it's for a post-war subject.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks a bunch,

There are a few Superscale sheets out there, but beyond those and the Zotz sheet, there really aren't any options available. If you can find a kind enterprising soul to print out the black aircraft numbers and serial numbers you could really model any aircraft, but as far as already-existing decal sheets getting you all the way there you're mostly out of luck. It's a shame, too, as it's a big canvas that had some really loud markings on it!

4 hours ago, Avenger2614 said:

There are a few Superscale sheets out there, but beyond those and the Zotz sheet, there really aren't any options available. If you can find a kind enterprising soul to print out the black aircraft numbers and serial numbers you could really model any aircraft, but as far as already-existing decal sheets getting you all the way there you're mostly out of luck. It's a shame, too, as it's a big canvas that had some really loud markings on it!

I did find an Aeromaster sheet, but it duplicates the Zotz sheet, inasmuch as that it's Scott's plane, which I believe is a post-war machine, stationed in Germany.

If you're talking about the bird with the blue and white strips on the tail, that's the marking option I settled on, but only because there weren't really any other options available (other than a big dragon on the fuselage side). My brother ended up having custom decals made for his kit from a gentleman in Poland, but that's quite an imposition. Perhaps someone local could make some masks for you?

10 minutes ago, Avenger2614 said:

If you're talking about the bird with the blue and white strips on the tail, that's the marking option I settled on, but only because there weren't really any other options available (other than a big dragon on the fuselage side). My brother ended up having custom decals made for his kit from a gentleman in Poland, but that's quite an imposition. Perhaps someone local could make some masks for you?

I'll certainly need to consider that as a possibility. The basic markings, stencils, US air force, numbers and whatnot, can be had from a few different sheets, and perhaps, if it's not too daunting, I could mask the various stripes, checks and whatnot.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

I have the Zotz F-84 Part 2 sheet, but the only US option is a red-yellow-black striped tail that I don't think was a Korean War bird, plus a Portugal and a Greek bird.

I'm familiar with that sheet. It may well be a Korean bird, unfortunately it's a G, not the E.