A couple of recent builds.

Ayovan

On 3/16/2021 at 3:15 AM, Ayovan said:

Nothing spectacular, but I have a couple of recently finished projects, and thought I would try and post some pictures. The Revell P-51D NA-5. The other is the Trumpeter P-40E.  I know...a little too pristine, but I haven't really  gotten into the black arts of weathering yet. 

kSeX1H.jpgQUWhrI.jpg

yETGuG.jpg

nXR23L.jpgN5GZFB.jpgRJ4nl8.jpg

Great work Mate, they look fine!

I had not built a plastic model airplane for 40+ years, until last year. I bought some of old Revell 1/32 kits on Ebay just for the nostalgia. The Me-262, the P-38, and the Corsair (all 1969-1970).  I remember as a kid going to my local hobby shop with a $5 bill and being able to buy the 1/32 airplane, glue, and paint, and still have enough money left over to go next door to the liquor store and buy a bottle of Coca-Cola and a candy bar. Building those models took me back to a time and place that I hadn't thought about in many years. It was a great time and a great place.

Since I joined LSP, I have been going through just about every post here, looking at the amazing work (Amazing doesn't even begin to cover the work I see here) done by it's members, and try to emulate some of what I see. I have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go, but I'm trying different things that I see here on the forum, hopefully making my models progressively better. 

Thank you.

Andy