bronco landing gear

ty dobsold

The OOB kit gear will support the model. Kind of. What happens is by the cantilever nature of the 1:1 gear itself, the gear begin to splay after awhile, and your wheels start to get negative camber to them.

There simply is not enough plastic there in the needed spots due to the design of the real gear. About the only thing you can do at this point is to drill out your wheels a bit, and glue them on with quite a bit of positive camber in them with weight off of the wheels, so when you do set the model down (especially if displaying on glass display shelf) it will generally right itself to neutral. 

The OOB kit gear will support the model. Kind of. What happens is by the cantilever nature of the 1:1 gear itself, the gear begin to splay after awhile, and your wheels start to get negative camber to them.

There simply is not enough plastic there in the needed spots due to the design of the real gear. About the only thing you can do at this point is to drill out your wheels a bit, and glue them on with quite a bit of positive camber in them with weight off of the wheels, so when you do set the model down (especially if displaying on glass display shelf) it will generally right itself to neutral. 

Brian,

​ That's exactly my plan for my Bronco build coming up next. Thanks so much for that info as I was really concerned that over time the gear would just end up collapsing. 

Joel

Nope. My OV-10D is still on the glass shelf sitting happily!   Just roll out a super thin sheet of blue tack on some wax paper, cut out two tiny circles and place them under each MLG. This will prevent any further splaying on a smooth display shelf.