Hase 1/32 109e

LSP_Matt

and from the left. Sorry I would love to do close ups but its either a very limited digital camera or my ability is lacking. I'll keep practicing to try and get some clearer photos for my future kits.

post-4-1121757042.jpg

cool, cool, cool! Really loved those little extras you've added. Excellent work mate!

Cheers,

Ango.

Thanks Ango. I was surprised at how much better the brass could make a gun barrel look. I haven't quite got my head around it yet but it looks so much better than plastic. Still I made so many basic mistakes. I will be writing myself some notes so when I do my next one its neater still.

I would like a new tool kit though B) :D :lol:

I took your advice on the spitVB ( I was so tempted to paint it "Victoria Bitter" colours) as well. Will finish it tonight and hopefully post pictures tomorrow.

Cheers Matt

PS Anyone else feel free to make whatever comments you like. Modelling doesn't stress me it keeps me sane. It's in the doing where the fun is for me... so any feedback is welcomed.

yeah Matt, I know exactly what you mean about those little details, they really bring out more character in a build I reckon! Certainly they have on your builds!

I am in the situation (with my current trump P-51 build) that, due to watching all the wonderful detailers here on LSP, I'm spending heaps of time on little components like ammo belts, modifying gunsights, etc, etc, that I have neglected basic modelling skills such as seam filling, and restoring rivet lines. But the little details are so much fun, there's a little voice in my head telling me to spend more time on them :lol:

Geez, maybe I am going loopy after all. :D B)

Good stuff mate!

Ango.

I am in the situation (with my current trump P-51 build)

such as seam filling, and restoring rivet lines.

Thanks again Ango...I know exactly what you mean. I had error on the 109 where the edges may have joined but a fair dollop of filler was required to kinda 'straighten' the panel. I was a bit lax filling gaps in some areas near the chin on the 109...but after a while you have to move on.

I heard a hint on a forum once and I've tried it and I reckon it worked fantastically on my FW190( stand to be corrected if its good or not). I used acrylic gap sealer syringed through a microtip and finished with a wet cotton bud to fill a seam line and avoid changing any rivet detail. I had a mammoth tube of it from around the house jobs and the syringe full goes a long way. Nothing fancy just your average garden variety gap sealer. I wonder if that would be any help?

Have you posted your P51. that kit is in my pile and I'd love to see how it builds up with all the little details you said you are doing. I've got a 1/32 P51 on the go and I copied a few parts off the trump one to spruce up the old Hasegawa.

Cheers Matt ;)

Hi Matt,

yeah I've taken a few pics of my mustang as I've gone along, but because the camera is an ancient SLR, I have to wait till I've finished the film to get the photos developed! I intend to chuck some pics in here "in the works", but haven't got around to it yet. I don't think the photos will be of a particularly high standard either ;)

Cheers mate,

Ango.

Right on Matt! Love it mate. Excellent work on all the little details. I love that mottling effect on the fuseualage sides ;) . I too wish that someone would do a new tool "emil", but I still don't mind hacking the old Hassy ;) . That decal work on the wing is something else! (To make Hassy decals settle into panel lines without softener is no mean feat.) Unfortunately the "desert" version is still old tool, just watch out for the price hike, all you get is a set of extra markings and they try slugging you 20 extra bucks for it ;) . Anyways mate, good to see it all turned out and it making me want to do another. Well done. Jim :o

Oh and Ango Mango, I wanna see dat dere Stang too mate. :lol:

Thanks Jim,

My instrument panel and cockpit on this one was no where near the standard I would like...certainly not the standard of your lovely green 109.

Yep...a new tool one would be great...was hoping the JG27 one might be new tool but alas no. Still I had fun and I would do another one...perhaps your typical BoB one instead of Wick/Galland.

Nothing special with the decals at all. Tamiya Acrylic Gloss, decal in warm water, slid on and blotted down. Sometimes it just works out OK. Stencils...hmmm...that Hasegawa sheet was less than helpful. Mind you the decals on my Hasegawa FW190A...they were mongrels...they wouldn't come off the sheet unless I used just boiled water. <_<