Ducati Triplets WIP

danimalmagic

Nice work!

I have the Tam 916 kit in my stash, which I still havnt gotten around to yet.

If you ever want to by a 1:1 748 with both the Bi and Mono tails in perfect condition let me know!  :lol:

Great build!  I also have a 1/12 Tamiya 916 in the stash; the plan is to use it to build a model of my 1:1 scale 2001 996 Biposta.

Does anyone know of any detail parts or upgrade kits for the 916 kit? Would love to get my hands on some extras.

Dave/Ironman1945

Well guys after a fair amount of effort that is the first two bikes completed, that just leaves the 996 to do, i will return to that in a few weeks.
Managed to get them finished in-between preparing all the bits for my remaining Blackbird commission, that is now well under way and I will do an update for that this weekend.
Been a nice little break doing something different in between all the Blackbirds, just the 3 left to do.happy.gif
102_8375.jpg
Two frames completely finished with all the fiddly bits in place.
102_8368.jpg
Fairings painted.
102_8371.jpg

Completed Ducati 916.
102_8389.jpg
102_8388.jpg
102_8380.jpg
102_8387.jpg
Thanks for looking

Danny

Edited by danimalmagic

That's quite THE bike ! Lucky you ;)

I ride a 900cc desmo2 which is fun ride on road but that can not compare to the SP.

I tryed several desmo4 but I find them too powerfull for open road / sunday ride ... or may be it is because I am getting too old :hmmm:

• 1 month later...

Well guys since finishing the YF-23 and while I have the time I moved back on to my 3 Ducati 1/9 bikes. I had already completed the 748 and 916, the 996 called for a few changes in painting etc so it was easier just to come back to it.

It is essentially the same kit as the other two with the exception of slick tyres, different wheels, a belly pan at the base of the fairing and decals, in reality they would be vastly different.
The 996 decals were pretty grim so I left out the carbon fibre effect as they would look silly, the carbon fibre mesh was way out of proportion.
I chose instead to add a drop of gold to some satin black and do the carbon effect that way. Much better in my opinion, you can't really see in the pictures. I have had a fair few Carbon Fibre Mufflers etc and this is much closer than the decals.

Ducati 996 assembled.
102_8926.jpg
102_8923.jpg
102_8934.jpg
Ducati 996 Complete.
102_8956.jpg
102_8953.jpg
102_8967.jpg
102_8963.jpg
102_8957.jpg

I will post the completed 3 bikes on ready for inspections shortly.

Thanks for Looking.

Danny