The Sabre Slayer

Saso Knez

Guest LSP_Jay L

Absolutely stunning work Saso! I wish I had some of your skills mate! And patience! Very precisce work there.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Ya, thanx for making the rest of us look stoopid!

Wow! I am just bowled over. I did not think this sort of work could be done by non-elves, but there it is! Stunning does not do it justice Saso. We are all really impressed down here I can tell you!

On the above image you can see why I covered the wheelbays with Tamiya tape.

Anyway after some sanding I got myself an approximate shape of the intake. It is still rough and I will sort out the geometry later. Lines are not straight and I am off by a mm or two in some areas, but the basic shape is there.

post-4-1135016509.jpg

Guys, thanks for the positive comments, it really means a lot.

So next up is finishing the intakes, then I will draw these lines back across the wing cradle and then start to do some scribing.

After that the wings go on and the plane gets its spine.

Or it might be some other way around. I actually didn't plan on doing the intakes so soon, but when I started doing the wing cradles, I realised that the top of the cradle - near the wing joint - should be more round. I had also been working from the tailplanes for geometry and aligment, and due to the distances it was becoming difficult. So I made a few cardboard templates and I fitted in the cockpit bulkhead, which provided me with an excellent reference frame for further work. I am glad I've done it this way and not the other way around.

Have fun

Saso

It just occured to me that half of you (out of those who care) don't even know what are the blasted wing cradles I keep going on and on about.

Well, basically they are just the fuselage sides, where the wings will go on. they are thickened, and profiled, so that they are a match for the undersurface of the wing.

Here is a shot of the starboard one.

post-4-1135196577.jpg