The Sabre Slayer

Saso Knez

A few models more and I will get the hang of these ''metalic wheelbays''.

More and better images will follow in a few days. I will leave these parts for a few days since I have some shelves to install, after that I will go at it with some washes and drybrushes where they need them.

I find applying metalic paints over scratchbuild parts can be very frustrating. These parts, while not perfect - as detail images will reveal - I feel they are a giant improvment over the Hawker Hunter wheelbays.

Here is the last one to get everything in persepective.

Cheers

Saso

post-4-1133957634.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Seriously stunning work there mate. Deeply impressive and show some serious skills. I'll be looking forward to more.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Looks like you're doing an amazing job there with a very basic kit! The wheel-well detail and paintwork is phenomenal - good to see another fan of scratchbuilding detail vs. AM parts (not that there are any 1/32 Gnat AM parts available, in any case...)

The Gnat is one of those "forgotten" aircraft, the only mainstream kits are the old Airfix and Matchbox 1/72 (I built

the latter one as a kid). Maybe Airfix will release a 1/48 kit in the near-ish future, given their recent revival (they're planning a 1/48 Canberra for late 2006 I think), but I doubt a 1/32 one will ever be a possibility.

And here you can see the bottom. Part of the nose wheelbay is visibile. Note I made the bleed air vents before installing the intake trunking.

post-2621-1134418821.jpg

Now I will make the cradle for the wings to be level. Then some scribing, the wings will go on and I will start building the spine on this thing. Should be fun. Can't wait to build some airplane and not just some obscure details.

Thanks for all your comments:

Chris - just look at your work!

EPinniger - I am an ardent fan of anything that makes my life easier as long as it is any good. On my next project (a Greek 1974 F-5A) I will use the Hasegawa kit, Belcher Bits conversion, Black Box cockpit, CED AIM-9Bs, missile marking decals and Hobbydecal F-5 drytransfers. I hope I will be able to finish it within a year.

Have fun

Saso