CASA 2.111 Plans...help needed!

fightersweep

Hi All;

As the title says, I'm asking here to see if anyone knows where I could find some decent plans for the CASA 2.111. I could do with them in 1/32, but mainly need to know if there are any publications out there that may contain (hopefully) accurate plans.

I now have both the Heritage conversion set and the set that appeared on Ebay. I could use the plans to offer a review here of both products, and ultimately use them to re-work what I have to offer an alternative. I have a feeling that both may be wide of the mark. Once I have some decent plans, I can get to work on providing a review here.

Thanks in advance;

Steve

Heinkel He 111 blueprints do not exist anymore, they were all lost in the war aftermath. I'm not sure if the Casa blueprints are still available. 

The best photos (e.g. for scratchbuilding) can be derived from the several manuals available from Luftfahrt Archiv Hafner. Choose the 3.300 page DVD. Be aware that these regard the Heinkel and not the Casa. 

The best drawings I know of are from Kagero. Unfortunately they are not completely correct as regards panel lines and it doesn't show all rivets. I'm flying to London tomorrow in order to make pictures of each and every exterior rivet visible, exactly for that reason. 

The Kagero source is the 8th Monograph. The plans are in the back of the book. 

Hi Roy;

Thanks for the help regarding the plans! Also, absolutely stunning work on you Heinkel so far! Very inspiring work and the paint work is beautifully executed.

I have been promised a set of 1/32 scale plans for the He-111H, and I did uncover a 1/72 set from the old Aerodata International series that look very good. This would be a good basis to start with, but it would be nice to be able to find some plans for the nacelles on the CASA 2.111. Both conversion sets seem to be off, with the Heritage set being furthest from the real thing.

It is my hope to be able to use these plans to present a review of both conversion sets, and then see if I can correct the issues. I have photographed both types of nacelle on the Revell kit, which will hopefully illustrate things when I do the review. The Heritage nacelle appears to be far too long, with the Ebay supplied nacelle being too short. Unfortunately, there isn't a CASA 2.111 near enough to me to measure. I think that the nearest is the airframe at Duxford, and that has been without it's engines and cowlings for years!

So am I right in thinking that none of the Kagero volumes on the He-111 contain any CASA 2.111 plans?

Regards;
Steve