1/200 Courageous - 60% complete

smudger

OK all, first ship model well on the way...............I rushed it so lots of mistakes & they show but it was bought as a practise type of model.

I'm to weather the hull based on the Mig Jimenez DVD on weathering German ships but any other tips on weathering ships are welcome.

For the experienced ship builders on here please feel free to criticise as long as you can tell the right way to do it for my next build, the huge 1/200 Sovremenny.

I'm really liking these ship models in 1/200 scale...............they are huge & really imposing & I really want to learn how to build & paint a good ship model. 

Here's a few piccies, remember she's only about 60% complete at this point

10862714435_ff2f4fb1b4_o.jpg

10862714385_599be1cd75_o.jpg

10862760016_8e8dae057a_o.jpg

10862863394_1214ebe8cd_o.jpg

10863051413_8d1b8d8059_o.jpg

10863051393_b13ecf0cb2_o.jpg

Happy modelling,

Martin

Trumpeter Sov is impressive, but not very accurate. I started a rebuild, but lost momentum in the middle and passed it on to another modeller who I'm sure will do a better job! but you can see what I did here: www.kipperboxes.co.uk .

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Hey Tim, that looks like a ton of work you did................& did very well.

For me the Sov will be more about a decent quality build rather than full on accuracy i.e. no obvious seams, decent, realistic weathered paintwork etc  hopefully a model I'll be proud of at the end of it.

I have the 1/72 Flower Class Corvette in the stash & for that one I will be trying for some improvement in kit accuracy in addition to a high quality build.

I really, really want the 1/200 Missouri but too expensive for me at the moment lol.

Happy modelling, Martin