My first 1/32 airplane. P-40E Warhawk. CANOPI OK!!! 03/10/

MARCELO CAMPOS

Marcelo,

What exactly caused the canopy to turn white??

I have experienced canopy dipped in future floor acrylic floor wax and got some alcohol on it and it turned white. This can be fixed with another application of future acrylic floor wax.

Another cause of canopies turning white is the fumes released by cyanacrylate or crazy glue.

Also anothet way to turn a canopy white. AND wrinkly is "hot" clear laquer paint attacking and crazing the actual plastic which melts.

Agreed. If you used CA to attach an un-Futured can-O-pee you will see the fumes turn the clear plastic white.

Id say if you already Futured the canopy and it turned white, Id say try soaking the canopy in Windex window cleaner. The ammonia (IIRC) in it will disolve the Future floor polish, and you can let it soak, then dry, and re-apply the Future.

If the canopy has been exposed to a chemically hot agent and now has wrinkles or distortion, as Fast mentioned, then you are likely S.O.L on it and will need a replacement.

Well my friends. what happened was this: I had bought from a friend here a glass, said original, Future. Simple as that!
The problem was that it smelled very active thinner or something. Like this product did not know until now, did not matter much.
During assembly I decided to use as all use there; simply mergulhasndo transparencies and put on paper towel to dry.
Except that when I take the transparencies of the pot they just were totally spoiled ... Hence began my torment with a particular kit because it was rare and no prospect of replacement parts.
p2210092.jpg
p2190096.jpg
A big hug to everyone.
Marcelo

Doesnt someone still make replacement vac style canopies for the P-40?

I know for a fact I have gotten a replacement canopy/windscreen for my Hasegawa P-40 from HLJ. I realize its not the same thing, but it still might fit maybe?

Just thinking out loud...........

Hi guys.

Finally i found a "new" Revell P-40E kit. Now i have a brand new canopi..But it was very expensive.

I am waiting for another and new canopi set to this kit send to me for a frind here in Brazil. After this building and so many unforeseen, i think i will have a new P40 in the box...Maybe it will be happening!!!

So, my new workbench is almost ready, i am doing the eletrical instalation of my painting both...

My P40 is in a very slowly speed. I do some paint of the sides panels of cockpit, some detail work...

I almost forgot about, Yesterday I received the resin tires from Eclipse model design. Thanks Derek they are amazing...

Tomorrow i will post some photos....

Thanks guys...

Marcelo :piliot: