Unofficial WNW poll

SWApilot

I'm not sure how guys get a released 2012 means by the 30th November.

Being released and "in your hands" because you live SO far from the point of manufacturing is YOUR issue not Wingnuts.

I'd imagine leek last year sometime in the first two weeks of December..

As for the Camel and DR1 I can't think of a single reason not to including Rodens and HC..

I've got a Roden one and the WW treatment would by fit alone be a big step up.

Then throw in better research,better decals instructions that are a reference in there own right why would you say no??

Given every legendary kit they release would help fund one or two lesser known types everyone wins...

The thing I like best about WNW is that they did not limit themselves to producing the usual list of fighters: Fokker D.VII, Triplane, Camel, Spad 13, Nieuport 17, etc. etc. WNW has imagination, nerve, chutzpah, elan, courage, guts, etc. Obviously they are not governed by some twit in a suit with an M.B.A degree from the Wharton School of Business who understands money but who has no feeling at all for the subject matter.

WNW, I admire you guys. :thumbsup: :bow: :clap2:

Stephen

Guest Dekenba

I know that Academy and Hcrap made Camels, but why would that have stopped WnW from making one?

I mean regardless of those other two manufacturers, a camel would maybe even be their best British selling subject; and people may never buy one of those other manuf Camels again...........

I think WNW realise that they are in a privileged position and are doing a kind of default non-compete agreement with the existing producers of WW1 stuff.

That maybe explains it and also why Roden are offering tons of French subjects.

If they expanded, they would take every niche and wipe out a lot of decent model companies, at least as WW1 1/32 producers.

Guest Peterpools

Darren

Thank you for the info, much appreciated

I'll wait for the WNW versions, as their kits are in a class by themselves..

Fun, enjoyable and accurate

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

In response to some of the guys who would urge WNW to expand their 1/32 kit range to include after WW1 aircraft, I disagree. WNW are filling a long neglected niche in 1/32 model aviation. Just because they did a few aircraft does not mean that they have done them all.

WW1 was an era of much experimentation and development of new, and sometimes unworkable, ideas. The designers of that era were true pioneers There were no long established aeronautical engineering departments in the engineering colleges for them to fall back on. No extensive wind tunnels. These guys were designing by the seats of their pants. If I had to live my life over and could select where I would like to be I would want to be an aeronautical designer during the WW1 era. What an incredibly exciting era to live and create in!

Really, we do NOT need another Messerschmidt 109 or Spitfire or Fw.190 or Zero or P-51. We have plenty and I suggest that if some guys want a better model let them learn how to modify the models themselves and make it better. Or buy 20 pounds of aftermarket parts and improve the models that way. But leave WNW alone to make WW1 aircraft!

We have Trumpeter making the jets and Silver Wings making the 1919 to 1939 biplanes and Revell, Hasegawa and othes making the WW2 airplanes. We are being offered more 1/32 aircraft model kits than we can afford to buy so everything is coming along just wonderfully. Don't mess with success!

By the way, some guys are wondering why the sudden interest in WNW WW1 aircraft. I think it is a combination of factors: 1) the ultra fine quality of the kits, 2) the large variety now available from WNW and Roden. 3) the fact that guys are now becoming aware of WW1 airplanes because up to now everything we have built have been mostly WW2 aircraft. WW1 crates are a welcome break from 18 versions of the Bf-109.

Thank you WNW. :thumbsup:

Stephen

I haven't exactly squirreled away all my other models (far from it in fact), but I have put most of it on hold while I try to wrap up my E.II. What a nice kit, and to me, a very cool subject. The Fokker scourge; I love it.