My 'chief finally finished

Adam

Great stuff mate! was it easy to solder?

Nope! I love the smell of burning fingers in the morning! I'm currently re-working the ladder, as it was not quite right. The back that rests against the aeroplane had the bend in the wrong place - argh! So, it's pulled to bits and being fixed. I've just stepped away from it because it's giving me the s#its! It will look better when finished. My pilot figure with a chute has arrived from Germany, so I can play Dr. Frankenstein now - ho ha ha ha!

Same one I built. Yours came out GREAT !.................Harv

Love your 5 there Harv! It's good n dirty the way a 5 should be. It's a beast of a kit isn't it! Did you use any after market upgrades?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jason

That's exactly my intention adding these bits to show how huge this beast of an aeroplane is. I rushed to get it entered into Expo and worked through the night to get it finally assembled - I was still super gluing on ordinance at 10:30 AM on the Saturday. I certainly convinced my wife that night/morning that I'm totally nuts! I tell you trying to attach tiny postion lights and all the various antennae at 3:00AM was no easy task!

I've had the time now to tinker with it and am playing around with fading/dust effects and then the ordinance RBF flags will go on. I'll probably enter it into the Eagles Day comp in it's finished state next month.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really nice work. I am building one now and very much like this aircraft. Next will be an F-105G also. How did you find the spoilers on the wing to complete? Did you lighten the paint at all?

Fixing the wing spoilers was a *******! They should not be shown in the "up" position on the ground which no doubt you know. These are for roll control anyway I understand - don't ever work together. Why Trumpeter went to all the trouble of making the wing so complex is beyond me!

The finish has been adjusted to show a bit of fade - with a dash of grey in the top coat, plus adding grime with raw umber oil paint and dirt/dust with pastel powders.

Good luck with the spoilers and the 100+ other things to fix on this kit! Please post your work. I'd love to see progress of your "5".