HB il-2 Ski Version

RedStar

I'm interested in getting a single seat Il-2, however, I wanted to build a straight winged version. Since the basic HB Il-2 kit comes with what would appear to be the "swept" wings (from the box art - the sprue shots on the HB site are less conclusive), I'm assuming that the ski version came with the "straight" wings? Is that the case? As the HB site doesn't have sprue shots of the ski version, I'm also wondering if it has the parts included for the wheel version?

I know I can buy aftermarket gear struts, but wanted to make sure the gear doors, and the correct gear fairings were included...

Thanks!

The ski version does not include the standard landing gear. However, IIRC the standard single-seater has the same plastic (and therefore wing style) as the ski-equipped kit, except for that gear.

Since the basic HB Il-2 kit comes with what would appear to be the "swept" wings (from the box art - the sprue shots on the HB site are less conclusive), I'm assuming that the ski version came with the "straight" wings? Is that the case?

According to sprue photos on Hobby Search's website, both the standard single-seater:

10126505n.jpg

and the ski-equipped single seater:

10117797n.jpg

come with straight wings.

Charles Metz

The only kit with the swept wings is the Il-2M3 boxing. Note that even the "straight" wing has some sweepback. The "swept" wing simply increased it. Also, I think the swept wing was just a two-seater thing due to the GC shift from the added wight of the rear gunner's cockpit. The single-seaters didn't need the increased sweepback.