Revell 1/28 Spad XIII

STM

I got one on Ebay for $14 and figured I would give it a shot. Anyone built this model and have some good references? I pretty much came up goose eggs on the Web. <_<

stm, Iguess I'll take a shot at this one- the rev SPAD is considered by some to be the most accurate of the four1/28 kits. probably the second is the camel. Copper state is an excellent starting point for the aftermarket goodies,P/E and that. OOB the kit is good;the main fix is the atrocious wing struts. fill the troughs and cut the struts apart,taper the ends and gofrom there. the wings can be left alone, rounded at the ends for an early machine. The best reference I have is the WINDSOCK datafile #32. this along with squadrons "in action" , profile(the old ones) and the Aircraft Archive set all have photos ,and /or line drawings.

Glencoe also released a small reference on the Spad scouts;SV11 thru SXIII ,and there is an additional WINDSOCK for the Spad 7c1(#8) there are some decals for the spad, most are the box set for Rickenbachers #1. you may find Lukes' machine, but you'd have to buy the white box kit from the early seventies,and you may find some IPMS decals on e-bay for the 1/28 Spad,camel and Tripe. Don't forget Copper State! other than that I'm in the dark <_<

hth, cheers mike in calif

Here we go again - tooting our Fotocut whistle.

We introduced many detail items for these aircraft in 1985, when people thought we "invented" photo-etching(not true but a pleasant misconception; we were only instrumental in introducing it to the the plastic model field, started in 1971 with RR stuff; yeah you know: trains!).

A list can be found by doing a search for Fotocut on the web, scroll around - some pics posted by Barry at Rosemont, who also carries our stuff which can be ordered direct(always happy to do retail), and a complete listing can be found - gee I think the LSP guys put it up: catalogue(glorified price list really) and all. Catalogue can also be found at www.Fotki.com/oletcherfred; more when we get time/money, etc.(If I knew how to make that a link, I would...)

Since we do the etching here(unlike most companies) we are approachable about technique, product line, etc as well as: guess who gets to honor our guarantee?

Thanks again!

Fred(the ol' etcher from Erieville)

Scans of your product list are on our manufacturers page under Fotocut, I did notice that the price list is from 2002, if you have a more current list or updated prices if you can send me a copy I will get it scanned and up.

Have you ever thought of having a web site? I know a server that is very inexpensive with absolutely top notch service and I also do web design work.

wolf427@comcast.net