In need of WW2 Japanese colour schemes

JamesHatch

Ay'up,

I am currently working on the Zoukei-mura Shinden, and my 'brief' is not to produce something 'obvious' with relation to the finished colour scheme. As I want to depict a 1946 machine, then I really am at liberty to do as I wish, as long as it looks Japanese, and not outside the realms of possibility.

I was considering a machine with yellow/orange lightning strikes, or rays from the Rising Sun depicted in its scheme.

This model is to hopefully be published in a magazine, with the finished model itself presented by myself to the President of Zoukei-mura, Mr Hideyuki Shigeta, in Kyoto.

As you can see, this really needs to look good, and I want the scheme to be totally eye-catching and unique!

Can the good folks of LSP provide any inspiration on the more bizarre Japanese schemes of WW2? :beer4: :help:

Jim

If I was going to make one, which I'm not, I'd have built it with green uppers and orange undersides, like a training aircraft.

If you click on the third thumbnail there's a profile of a Zero in this kind of scheme http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/reviews/dec...previewbg_5.htm

And not a lot of people know this, but the chap who dreamt up the Hinomaru was a Manchester United fan, we're everywhere! :beer4:

Cheers Matt, like the second one down, remember the lighning bolts and rising sun markings were on army planes. You don't want someone to suggest you perform Seppuku for the offence of putting army markings on a navy plane whilst in Kyoto!

I quite like the orange undersides and I've some good starting points, but I also want to 'go for gold' with something real unusual too. I quite like orange and yellow bars etc. This is going to be like 'Luft '46', but for Japan, so I have no fear of bizarre schemes too :beer4:

Cheers Matt, like the second one down, remember the lighning bolts and rising sun markings were on army planes. You don't want someone to suggest you perform Seppuku for the offence of putting army markings on a navy plane whilst in Kyoto!

HAHAHAHAAHA forgive my blunder Kagemusha-san! Japanese planes are not my specialty, I just like the pretty colors! :beer4:

I've decided to go with a 'what it?' machine, captured after the Japanese capitulation in 1950, and taken to RAE Farnborough to be tested along with other captured Japanese wonder-machines. A captured scheme should look quite neat :BANGHEAD2: Imagine the Shinden in RAF colours. I've been asked to build this to British methods, so that should round it nicely :)