P-38J-15 Virginia Marie

LSP_Paul

So I've had this P-38 sitting here, already started it about 2 years ago..I kind of lost my focus and stopped building for a while due to work and life. I used to come here and lurk and was amazed as I watched Russ make things out of damn near nothing that looked like they should be main stream kits. I used to enjoy his banter back and forth, and his wacky sense of humor. Group builds usually mean I'll never finish in time, so I tried one and fell out of formation with my F-8..but I didnt quit on modeling.

I did my Bf-109 and finished it in about 3 weeks because of watching you guys, especially Russ and his ability to crank them out and make them look like they took years. It re-kindeled what I had been missing, doing it for the FUN of it... Watching Russ have FUN made it fun for me.. and Im sure most of us that watched and listened to him work on his stuff.

I needed a reason to want to or have to get back to this P-38, I sure didnt want to lose somebody we all cared about to motivate me, but we have lost a great friend and peer and this is the perfect time to do this and have it mean something to me, and hopefully to you all as well.

Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in Corsair, and enjoying the hobby again, mostly because of you guys.

I think it's only fitting that I re-visit my own P-38J after watching what he did with his amazing CBI version of the Trumpeter kit.

I wont be doing anything on the P-38 until I finish this Corsair, so I figure about 2 weeks, but I'll try and shoot some pics tommorow to show where I left off, then get working on it again when the Corsair is finished.

Until next time... This ones for you Russ.

Paul

:thumbsup:

Ahhhhh crap Paul! :punk:

You beat me to it.......................

Ive got a brand new set of Bombshell decals for the natural metal and sky blue Virginia Marie too. My Trumpy P-38 and a ton of AM gear ready and rearing to go.

So many models to complete and so little time.............

Im sure Russ would say you can never have too many P-38s!

Cheers,

Brian

Frank,

Thanks man.. I cant wait to get back to it either!

I just really want this Corsair to turn out well, so Im not rushing :huh: We have 6 Mos for this group build, so when I get the Big Bent Wing Birdie done, I'm all ready to hit the P-38 full bore.

One thing slowing me down at the moment is I'm time sharing my workspace with my Girlfriend who's actually got PAINT on her Corsair (Tamiya 1/48th) and it actually looks really cool, her very first model! shes got a 1/32 scale Hasegawa ME-163 lined up for her next project, and shes already looking over the plastic on the two new Japanese fighters I got today 1 ea. Hasegawa Frank and Tony ....... I'll have to hide those better!

Thanks for checking in, I'll get something posted here soon.

All the best,

Paul

:bow:

Yeah man, this is going to be sweeeeeet. Like we talked about Paul, the Virginia Marie scheme is just killer looking.........

Girlfriend has a model?!?

Wow, I really dont think my GF could really care less than she does about airplanes in general, let alone building a model of one. :D

Cheers,

Brian