POST WW2 DUTCH EAST INDIES SPITFIRES

Karatay

Hello

I need an interesting scheme for a Dutch East Indies Spitfire MKIX C or E, as used over there, immediately after WW2. I believe their upper surfaces were in some shade of dark green. Some had a badge or cartoon embleme on the port side cowling.

Can anyone help with info on the camo colours, badges, etc; or photos of the port side of such MKIXs?

Many thanks

Vasko

Excellent reply Charles - I suspect that the 'Jungle green' will not be too dissimilar to the Australian 'Foliage green' colour. I may have a little general information in my old Spifire aircraft profile book, which may provide dates, sqns, aircraft numbers, etc. (I'll let you know).

Cheers

Derek

Vasko,

Luuk Boerman of Dutch Profile sells a decal set in 1:32 with Dutch Spits used in the NEI. Available directly from Luuk at www.dutchprofile.com or from the luchtvaart hobby shop in Aalsmeerderbrug (www.aviationmegastore.com), Holland. The set includes H 53 MH434 with Donald Duck cartoon on the engine cover.

The jungle green of H 53 is matched as Humbrol HB 75 or Xtracolour X- 223, undersurfaces were light blue Fs -5109. Antiglare panel was in matt olive drab HB 66/Xtracolour X-111/112. Spinner was painted orange.

Regards,

Hans

Sorry vasko, I don't have pics of our feathered friend. Here is a pic of the instructions for the decal sheet and the decal sheet itself. Donald has to be constructed from four different decals. Hope is is of use.

Regards,

Hans

post-1501-1266567171.jpg

Many thanks Hans. The pics of the decal sheet will be very useful: the info was needed to produce a colour profile of these MKIXS. It will complement another 20 to 30 profiles, which are being prepared for my book on the Spitfire Fighter.

Derek, merci for helping....we'll have a chat some time.

Cheers

Vasko