Hasegawa F-104G/S

jbrundt

I was looking through my stash and pulled out the Hase F-104G/S. I had it for sale a few months ago but NO ONE wanted it so I figured I might as well build it.

I was wondering what decals were out there for it that are NOT OOP. There seems to be a dearth of decals for this kit. Internet searches have turned up bupkis.

I'm not in the mood to do this one NMF and would prefer a two or three tone cammo color scheme. As the kit really isn't an "S" version I'm pretty much limited to "G" models and the countries that flew them. I'm

So, what decals ARE available in 32nd for the F-104?

Jeff

Hi!

A lot of european decal companies have released sets for their own air force. AFAIK, at least Daco and Peddinhaus have sets that are available (look after them on Google). I think Italian AF decals are also possibly available from Tauro.

HTH

Most, if not all of those I have searched for and found have said they are pending. Nothing available yet.....

Jeff

Theirry,

I found the Tauro site previously but they want you to buy several sheets. They have separate sheets with insignia, tail numbers, badges, etc. but not one cohesive sheet for a specific aircraft. That's a bit too pricey for me. Plus their sheets apply to more than one aircraft type (i.e. Tornado or other a/c)

I had not run across the Peddinghouse links in my previous Google searches. Thanks. The second link might work for me. It would be nice to see a color three view of the aircraft with those markings before I commit to buy. 17 euros is a bit much to spend on a hunch without seeing the markings applied first.

Jeff

I found some decals on ebay for Peddinghaus Marinefliegers and Luftwaffe versions so I will probably go with those. German isn't my native tongue and the prices are higher when buying direct from Peddinghaus because they automatically add the 19% VAT :angry: so at least they are on ebay. I'm wating for their answer back on combined shipping before I hit the button to buy.

You really have to get creative on searching for these things. Simple "1/32 F-104G decals" just doesn't cut it.

Thanks again Thierry for the lead on Pedderinghaus. I had not heard of them before and none of my internet searched brought them up.

Perhaps you guys will be seeing a Hase big F-104G soon on the pages here.

Jeff

How far into the build??

Are you just starting the pit thingy?

Let me know, I may have something for you to check out for me.

Cheers,

Harold

I haven't started yet. In the process of finalizing things........

PM me with your ideas.

Jeff