Question on American P-40E's in North Africa

Hej guys! I haven't had any real time for modelling as of late... but I have managed to get my work room up and running... and that leads me to a question that

I have been a bit stumped on so I was hoping that someone from the gang here can help me out!?

Is there any good references for P-40E's operated by American forces in the Norht African campaign? I was hoping to a P-40E in the Operation Torch scheme... but I am a little stumped... can anybody shed some light on if these birds were even in theatre during that campaign? I would love to do my Hasegawa 32nd P-40E in the Torch scheme with the yellow ringed stars :) I have thought about the RAF desert schemes... but I would prefer to do an American bird!

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Alan

57th Fighter Group, 12th Air Force USAAF Id suggest getting a copy if Ospreys P-40 Warhawk Aces of the MTO (Aircraft of the Aces) series, would be most helpful for you. Im not sure what models of the Warhawk they were flying but Id bet they were E's in the early stages. The link below has some great pics I hadnt seen before.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rooftop65/tag...thfightergroup/

Something else to get you started.

Good Luck,

Paul

Thanks Paul, seems that the norm was most likely P-40K's... but I'll leep searching!

BTW, did the E model have an oxygen regulator installed inteh cockpit? Or was that only for other fighter types that were designed for altitude engagements like the P-51, P-47 etc.??

I noticed that the Hasegawa kit does not have any O2 regulator in the cockpit parts?

Any help, appreciated!

Cheers

Alan :)

Please find below the link that has more then anybody needs to know about the P-40 have fun with it.. :) :D

http://www.p40warhawk.com/Models/Technical/Technical.htm

Thanks Paul, seems that the norm was most likely P-40K's... but I'll leep searching!

BTW, did the E model have an oxygen regulator installed inteh cockpit? Or was that only for other fighter types that were designed for altitude engagements like the P-51, P-47 etc.??

I noticed that the Hasegawa kit does not have any O2 regulator in the cockpit parts?

Any help, appreciated!

Cheers

Alan ;)

Hej guys! I haven't had any real time for modelling as of late... but I have managed to get my work room up and running... and that leads me to a question that

I have been a bit stumped on so I was hoping that someone from the gang here can help me out!?

Is there any good references for P-40E's operated by American forces in the Norht African campaign? I was hoping to a P-40E in the Operation Torch scheme... but I am a little stumped... can anybody shed some light on if these birds were even in theatre during that campaign? I would love to do my Hasegawa 32nd P-40E in the Torch scheme with the yellow ringed stars :P I have thought about the RAF desert schemes... but I would prefer to do an American bird!

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Alan

Alan,

Operation Torch P-40s were Merlin engined F models. Flying off a carrier, do not recall the name . HTH

Mike