1/32 Chinese F7EB

Type = F7EB Aerobatic plane / MiG21 variant

Scale = 1/32

Manufacturer = Trumpeter

My aim in this build = To finish something OOB

What stopped build? A couple of things

I was thinning the clear instrument panel to try and really make the acetate sheet of instruments stand out. It was late at night and I got distracted by Claudia Black in leather during an episode of Stargate. It was about then that my dental bur made its way through to the front of the panel...eesh...not looking so flash now.

I also didn't like my effort at glueing the engine together. It comes in 4 parts that in cross section resemble quadrants of a circle. When I glued the bits together I had seam lines galore to fill , misalignment and a richly textured ribbing that runs at 90degrees to the long axis of the engine that I didn't want to destroy.

It'd be great to hear how you guys glue together these jet engines to make them look like a nice

What do you think would help you build get through to completion?

A lot of seam filling and sanding with various width sanders/sticks?

Ideas on how to better glue these multipiece engines together.

A new instrument panel - which I procured on EBay after an assault on ccbaits.

I'll post piccies soon

cheers Matty

Maybe use that as an example guys. someone might have some tips to where I got stuck, show some piccies of their own builds of engines so I'd be all ears.

I got a few of them after my assault on ccbaits on Ebay. I'll do the blue and white one first as its my favourite...that plane looks soooo cool. Then the red and white one.

Already got some tips from Jay about spraying white and then getting it glossy.

Now...just to keep my fingerprints out of it. :lol:

Cheers matty