Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

Hope I'mnot being a pain in the backside here but don;t forget that the cooling flap at the rear of the radiator fairing had an actuating piston which went right through that large duct. I can;t help myself I have been through this build, a long time ago now but I had gone into great detail and yours is coming along so nicely, it would be apity to miss out on anything, you have corrected all there is to correct up to this point and your model is looking really great.

Main focus of this build is exposed engine area which includes the propeller. Now l have seen pictures of a Typhoon being worked on with either the propeller nose cone off and with it on but l decided to be able to do both as it is quite possible. So to be able to show the whole propeller l had to sacrifice the one that came in my Phantom Mustang ( l know this is going to come back to haunt me when l want to build it). Being a Hamilton standard propeller it was the same as the one on the Typhoon the only difference model wise is the propellers. Also l decided to have the four blade propeller also figured in this decision.

First step l cut off the mustang blades and drilled holes in the propeller bose to accept the Typhoon blades

post-542-1169748100.jpg

here is what l got so far using the three Revell blades and one extra ( the white blade came with the 4 blade propeller conversion set) The blades are not glued in yet as l have to paint everything yet

As a treat l put the propeller on the engine and put the engine on the cockpit/engine bearer assembly ( using the radiator to hold up the front) to show you what l am trying to accomplish here. the following pictures will let you see at different angles

post-542-1169749420.jpg

post-542-1169749756.jpg

None of this is attached and the radiator is not finished . If you noticed l added the radio in the rear now. Not finding any info on what the type looks like l took a little liberal licencing and faked it. Well that's all for now hope you have enjoyed this segment

hacker :blink: :D

Hey its Monday and its like -20C here ( -4F for those of you who still on the imperial scale) It was a good weekend to hide in the basement and build.

l got the wings together this weekend and man l got to tell you even if l did not hack up the wings to detail thing they are not a tight fit.

post-542-1170076222.jpg

l finished detailing the wheel wells and super glued the whole assembly together. Here is the underside of the wings. You can see the gaps between the two halves on each wing. l got some filling and sanding to do here.

post-542-1170076266.jpg

Here is the top of the wing. l still have some scribing to do once l fill and sand the areas that need attention. l am not going to detail the gun bay doors yet as l am going to use them as masks for that area when l spray primer on them

So now here a chance to test fit all this together ( minus the flaps and rear control surfaces) Now it starting to look like a Typhoon instant a bunch of parts. l have to re-scribe the fuselage yet which l will be dong over the following days with the hopes of having all of this actually glued together. l am including pictures of the test fitting so you can take a look at what it all looks like.

post-542-1170077110.jpg

post-542-1170077769.jpg

Well that's it for today. l will be working on the new air intake to the engine and move on to the wings again and hopefully re-scribe the fuselage so l can glue that together. l will be looking forward to what you guys think so far.

Have a nice day guys :) :)

hacker :) B)