CAM 1/32 Python 3 missile...

ReccePhreak

Title says it all, is the CAM 1/32 Python 3 missile any good? How accurate is it? I was thinking of getting a set, to put on my 1/32 Royal Thai AF F-16A. And would anybody have a set that they no longer want, and would sell or trade to me?

Larry Engesath

Well,

I used them on a Tamiya F-15I I did recently, and they seem to be fairly decent.

Required a bit of cleaning up and the finds are very delicate, but once assembled/painted they don't look half bad.

Tim W.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but they are way underscaled and not correctly shaped... Look at this picture. They show a comparison between the CAM one and others scratchbuild by a very talented Belgian fellow-modeller (Serge Saenen who's currently building a soviet navy flanker...)

HTH

post-78-1162817086.jpg

Just goes to show that I'm not expert on missiles. I did not realize the fin sizing was so far off.

Oh well. Someday I may re-do them, but not this week!

Tim W.

You might want to checkout the Isracast site for Israeli wepons in 1/32 scale. Sorry I don't have the url but one their latest offerings was reviewed on the Modeling Madness website and there may be a link and description of such underwing stores.

Apologies, it was at the ARC website, the Oct. 26th posting. The Pythons look very good indeed, with clear resin cast seeker heads and fine fin detail.

What I find amazing, is that the Isracast Pythons look more like the CAM ones, and nothing like those scratch-built ones on the reply above. I would think that Isracast would get it right, so who is correct?

Larry

P.S. I just noticed that the Isracast ones are Python 4/5 missiles, and I was looking for Python 3's.

What I find amazing, is that the Isracast Pythons look more like the CAM ones, and nothing like those scratch-built ones on the reply above. I would think that Isracast would get it right, so who is correct?

Larry

P.S. I just noticed that the Isracast ones are Python 4/5 missiles, and I was looking for Python 3's.

Believe me when I say that ont the misslies above SERGE is corect he's a real nit picker on the missiles but indeed a verry talented modeler

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I just did a little research on the dimensions of the Python 3, and it gives a missile body diameter of 15cm. In old-fashioned English measurements, that is 5.9055 inches, which comes out to ~ .185" in 1/32 scale. My TAC Scale Dynamics "Python 3" missiles are much smaller than that. Time for some serious scratch-building. ;)

Hopefully, I will be able to use the "rollerons" (or whatever they're called) on my scratch-built fins. :unsure:

Too bad I have been unable to find any accurate scale drawings.

Larry