1/32 Hasegawa P-51D

Ironwing

Chris,

I have tried to post. the system message I receive states: I have reached the limit set by the system administrator...sir

What sort of limit please.

I'll need a little more info...is it the size? There is currently no storage limit set here on LSP, so I'll need the EXACT wording of the error if you can.

Thanks~

-Chris

Hi Chris,

I dont think i can send an email with the error. It appeared after I attempted to post the last pic I put up. What ever the problem was...it's gone and there is no harm done.

Ill have a good long look at your stang. Im really enjoying my return to building and for sure LSP. Its simply an awesome site and the talent here is amazing.

I hope all is well with you and yours,

Geoff

Beginings of the port side of the pit. Seat assembly isnt done yet but Im sure you get the idea. There is alot of building and fitting in there to bring it up to standard. Still havent resolved that natural wood - vs - green floor argument. The floor is 1 mm (.030") stained Birch veneer. The rest is for the most part self evident.

post-4-1149805884_thumb.jpg

Starboard side beginning. Besides the structural members, the foundations for the oxygen regulator, canopy crank are in. Beginnings of the comm equipment started.

post-4-1149807799_thumb.jpg

Internal canopy framing. This is the kit part with the windscreen areas removed then sanded and thinned. I tried to make the part myself by first using the kit part as a mold and pouring an epoxy plug of the inside. The plug came out fine but attempts at vacuforming left me with parts that were terribly weak and tended to break. I purchased a canopy from Squadron which is an exact match for the Hasegawa wind screen. After a a good amount of sanding (on the inside of the frame only!) to thin it, it drpped right into the Squadron part with good results. BTW, the Squadron part is extremely clear and well molded and much better than anything I could ever hope to make.

post-4-1149808200_thumb.jpg

Coolant radiator box. The screen is PE brass. I tried the Eduward supplied part but it is made to fit the Hasegawa original which is mis-shapen. The box should be square and not angled like the Hasegawa part is. The only solution was to rebuild all of it.

post-4-1149808711_thumb.jpg