1/32 Hasegawa P-51D

Ironwing

While the kit nose is close it still misses the flat slightly buldged appearance of the prototype. Even with its short comings, it's still the best available and for those that like to build, this kit offers many challenges and a sufficiently accurate shape.

Nose with reworked spinner and prop blades. he blades have aluminum shafts attached to the bottom where they eneter the spinner. Embedded in the reworked spinner are aluminum tubes, into which, the prop shafts are inserted.

The exhaust shrouds are vacu-formed dupilicates of the original kit parts after the stacks were removed. The new stack openings are then cut in. The stacks will be added later. I know the one in the pic is crooked, it hasnt been fixed in place permanently yet

post-4-1149567092_thumb.jpg

Great detailing geoff. :lol: The wheels turned out a treat. It took me a while to see what you meant about the prop but the re-worked one looks much better.

When you try cropping mate...after you've cropped, then you can re-size the piccie ( 640X480) and thus 'enlarge the area you are trying to show.

Here's how one of the piccies looks

Cheers mate Matty

post-4-1149599754_thumb.jpg

Matty and Klaus,

Many thanks for the kind words. Youre right Matty, I should have resized the nose pic after I cropped it. Next time mate.

Klaus, I planned on shooting some interior stuff within the next couple of days.

Again, many thanks for your comments. Please, if someone sees something wrong let me know.

Be well all,

Geoff

To all that have commented - thanks, you are all very kind. I would love to post more but it seems Ive reached my limit and the system has been set to deny any further posts.

Geoff

You can post pictures until we run out of disc space here sir.

Make sure they are inside the size limits before you post, but other than that there is no limit to how many you can post.

The kit supplied gear while functional is a bit mishapen, this problem being in the lower section. To correct it, the original was rebuilt, molded in latex then recast using Armalite resin. The shafts are fashion from aluminum tube, the oleos from polished stainless and the lower flange, to which the oleo scissor attaches, is lead foil secured to the aluminum then burnished.