Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'cmk'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 6 results

  1. PR Spit is coming to the final stages, the 262B needs to come back to the bench and I desperately want to start on a late war fw190, but I have a club GB for June that goes under the theme Simply Red. Visiting the Peterborough Model Show here in the UK back in early March (Pretty sure that's going to be the only one for us this year), I purchased a set of Alleycat Drone decals and a cheap F6F from another vendor. Its all about the paintwork for this build/GB, but as normal the am call gets the better of me every time. The kit pit is very basic and Hannants just received CMK resin pits for this kit so in the basket! Set of Roy's wheels along the way as well and off we go. I mated the wings and fuselage as it was clear the pit would slot in from below, no problem. This allowed me to join the 2 parts very carefully to get a good, neat join with minimal sanding afterwards. I don't want to go down the sanding/re-scribing route with this one as like I said its all about a red themed model, and I quite like the shuttle rivets on the kit. A very knowledgeable member of our club provided a lot of photos showing the harnesses draped around the headrest of Hellcats prior to the pilots entering, so as a visual talking point that's what I did, especially after finding the Hellcat is not the most 'open' pit and very difficult to see the detail inside. The pit is now installed And the wings attached. Again the fit was very good and no filler required. Next up is the fuel cell. Again the parts are very clunky so I glued and sanded flush and will use some PE to replace the straps. Tall tail wheels on these planes so found the best photos to see the construction and set about recreating. Albion Alloy, and plasticard and rods and a few hours wrestling but happy with the outcome. Order sent for the red and orange paints, hopefully with me next week. Aaron
  2. New build had some fun getting the covers to fit. Lots of messing around and trimming etc. Ordered some pe rudder pedals, extra instrument panel and resin control stick for back seat area. Have a nice selection of images of this plane in various states of decay/scrap/souvenirs so need to decide what level to work to. May well make a little dio.
  3. New little sideline project whilst waiting for paint to dry/things to arrive on the Liberator. Spent the afternoon assembling the railway gondola to check the He162 fitted!
  4. Hello to you all I will enter the F-104G from italeri for this group build and will be build like the have flown in Belgium We have done two colors bare metal and SEA camo i will try to go for the baremetal i will put a practice bomb dispender on the central pylon I have the kit for a time in the stash it whas a hard desicion on what to build for this group build so much to fit in Now here is the box All the extras i have for this one Start will be slow because i also have my su-27 to finnish Mark
  5. Good afternoon, I present my latest off the bench, Hasegawa's version of the Mitsubishi A6M2-N Rufe. The “N†denotes the aircraft was actually manufactured by Nakajima (as were all the Rufes). I added the CMK cockpit and used Montex masks for the markings except for four decals not included in the masks. I wanted the aircraft to be weathered but not overly so. The paints were primarily Sovereign Colourcoats with some AKI varnishes and the relatively new AKI panel liners for brown/green and black finishes. The trolley was weathered a bit as they took a beating. Regards,
  6. Finished last year, just prior to Telford.
×
×
  • Create New...