Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'captured'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • GT Resin
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 8 results

  1. Hi Guys, Here's the result of a three year build! OK, I'm telling a lie: started three years ago, sat on the SOD then resurrected late 2018. The interior is painted with GSi Creos Mr Color, all the exterior with Mission Models Paints. Plus Flory Grime Wash, which I think worked well against the natural metal finish, not as stark as Black. I used Mission's metallic paints, all over their Grey primer. I just don't like the Black base, Alclad (or similar) faux metal look. Bashed too much metal in the RAF to hate that sort of finish. I mixed and matched the metallics, trying to shade as near as I could to the references. I found a drop of Mission's Chrome could really brighten up an area, either mixed with another metallic or misted over a selected area. Lots of quick and dirty masking, lots of tears, frustration, problems and then the flip side: problems solved, lots of laughs at my own ineptitude and a heck of a lot of fun and enjoyment. That is, after all, the point of modelling in the first place. The Frank is depicted as a captured aircraft as tested at Clark Field in The Philippines, complete with US radio fit (blade aerial) the guns in place but the gun sight removed as per the reference photos. All external markings are home made - Stars'n'Bars drawn in AutoCAD and cut in Oramask 810 on the Silhouette, the lettering on the tail below S17 are my first attempt at printing decals, certainly won't be the last! This is my third NMF, all based on photos of real aircraft. My Mustang C and D models depicted Test Aircraft from the Texas and California Plants, so this model continues the themes of NMF and testing. Untitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr Untitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr Untitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr Untitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr Regards, Bruce Crosby
  2. This is the very nice Tamiya kit used along side the Cutting Edge Crossdressing Stormbirds decal sheet. Yellow 17 was flown by Lt Hans Dorn of 1/JG7 and was captured at Fassberg by No 616 Squadron RAF in May 1945. I could find very little information on Dorn, I suspect he was a replacement pilot and fairly new to JG 7, seeing little or no action in his time there. As for yellow 17, she was designated AM-52 and ferried back to England for evaluation before being declared surplus and shipped off to Canada. From there, she was sold along with 300 other surplus aircraft and scrapped. As I said the Tamiya kit is a real pleasure to build. Painted with Gunze RLM 82/83/76 with weathering kept pretty light as this machine looked almost brand new when captured, in all likelihood it was.
  3. Here is our first entrant over the line in our newest GB...............................its Irwin with his beautiful He-163 in French livery: Here she is in WIP form: Heinkel 162 Salamander
  4. Hi gents I recently acquired the Hasegawa 1:32 Shidenkai kit, as I've always liked the look of this pugnacious fighter. However, I would like to build something other than what is provided in the box i.e. perhaps a captured variant or NMF? There seems to be a dirth of AM accessories for this kit. Thanks for any help. Sinuhe
  5. Howdy Gang, I'm thinking about building a postwar Me-262. I found a well done profile. I like it, but I think it is inaccurate. Is anyone aware of a blue Soviet Me-262? I'm sure the green profile is closer to the truth. Thanks! Brent
  6. Hi gents my last contribution for 2013…….. AX-? is probably the most famous Bf 109 captured by the SAAF. She was captured by 1 Sqn (hence, the AX codes), test flown quite extensively until pranged…. Her sister is stored at the War Museum in JHB. A bit rushed to get in finished before year's end…. no quite happy with some parts… oh' well. I lost one of the exhausts - in the F-4 Hasegawa has each individual exhaust as a single item… anyhow, it went walk about after bouncing off the table… so I had to use a spare set of Ki 61 exhausts…... Best for the New Year! 109-a by Saaffan, on Flickr 109-b by Saaffan, on Flickr
  7. Thanks for the support, gents, during the WIP. This was a fun build, a great kit, great fit, sufficiently detailed, and time to try out new techniques. I'm quite happy with the way this turned out……. Ki-84-g by Saaffan, on Flickr Ki-81-a by Saaffan, on Flickr Ki-84-b by Saaffan, on Flickr
  8. Since i have not got all the goodies yet for my IAF F-16A Netz, I have settled for one of my stalled kits, a Ki-84 from Hasegawa - where i got inspired by the numerous builds here on LSP - and then daunted from carrying on. As for most builds, I started off with the pit, coating in Alclad aluminium, before applying the dull brown cockpit colour that Hasegawa recommends. This kit really is a joy to build, and I can see a second one on the horizon.
×
×
  • Create New...