Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Mirage'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • Aviation Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
    • Aerocraft Models
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Q&A: Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL




Found 3 results

  1. Are there decals/masks available for this scheme and what Kit would I need? Pic courtesy of Markus Schrader "Spotter for Life" on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/spotterforlife/ for discussion use only
  2. I've finally finished a model of my own for the year, although I could have picked a better kit to start with. I bought this for about 9 bucks years ago when it was about the only Mirage III you could buy in the scale. I had visions of converting it into a Mirage V Dagger, but with the coming of the new Kinetic kits, I don't need to do that anymore. There isn't much to say about the plastic, apart from; it's a poorly detailed, ill-fitting, obsolete relic. A Britmodeller member was kind enough to send me his leftover decals from the Eduard kit and these were really nice to use. If you have this in the stash, just buy the Eduard kit. I did get the pink a little dark, but it'll do.
  3. G'day, I am building the ancient revell Mirage with the aim of using as little of the kit parts as possible! The only parts that I will be using (at this stage) will be the wings, fuselage, clear parts and some of the drop tanks. Where no aftermarket part exists for it, I will be scratch building the part and casting it in resin. I will be making multiple copies and offering them for sale if there is enough interest. So lets start. As the nose cone needed re-scribing I decided that I would master it and cast it. This is the end result and I have run a wash through the panel lines to show them up a bit. It adds approx. 10 grams to the front of the model. The kit part was `sharpened' up a bit, panel lines and access panels added and a hole drilled down the end of the nose. As I dont have the same methods as Aires etc, there are a few pinholes but once primed will fill in fine. wings after a rescribing session. (sorry about the poor pic, battery was running out on the camera) Stay tuned, lots more coming! Eric.
  • Create New...