Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '109'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • LARGE SCALE PLANES
    • LSP Forum Info
    • LSP Discussion
    • General Discussion
    • Non-LSP Works
  • Sponsor Forums
    • Fisher Models
    • Eagle Editions
    • Silver Wings
    • Maketar Paint Masks
    • MDC
    • HobbyLink Japan
    • Marsh Models - Aerotech
    • GT Resin
    • HobbyZone USA
    • Model Paint Solutions
    • Lukgraph
    • KLP Publishing
  • In The Works
    • Works in Progress
    • Group Builds
    • Ready for Inspection
    • Tips, Techniques, and Photography
  • Vendors and Traders
    • Vendors Board

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 4 results

  1. I like German aircraft in unusual markings, and they don't come more unusual than this. On 20th April 1945 two pilots from the Croatian Air Force defected to join pro-communist forces at Mostar. Their aircraft were soon given a hasty update to their paint job, and became part of a scratch unit known as the Mostar Squadron. This is my latest completion: proper "beauty shots" when I get around to them. Built from the Hasegawa 1:32 G-10 kit, with MDC seat belts and Ventura decals. I had some slight issues with these: the large fuselage stars broke up on application. As I still had some stars left on the decal sheet, I used these as a template to cut home-made masks. The numbers worked OK. The tail markings were also supplied as complete decals, but I decided to paint these, and just cut out the small star from the decals. Thanks for looking.
  2. OK - so I know I'm easily sidetracked, but I fancied doing a quick, fun, build of a model that's been shouting 'build me' for a looooong time. And I have finished two other projects in last two weeks - so on a bit of a roll. Now I realise that the Eduard 109 isn't the 'fashionable' 1:32 109 kit, but I actually like the look of them in the box, especially the finesse of the surface detailing - and I now have 6 in the stash. These comprise 4 'weekenders' bought for the princely sum of £15 each at various times, and two standard kits (E-3 and E-7) with all the etched bits and choices of decals which cost an astronomical £21 each. So all a lot cheaper than the alternative. The start was an E-1 I purchased to use with the Alley Cat conversion to an early 109 - made sense after that to base my 109Es on the same kit. This was started yesterday afternoon - and uses some parts from the old Eduard etch set for the old Hasegawa kit - but shows some good progess for only a few hours work. One of the areas that was a common bugbear reported by previous builders was the under-nose radiator area. A look at the parts appeared to confirm that the radiator assembly could be added after the fuselage was joined and the area cleaned up. So far she's going together really well - will try and get the exhausts and cowls done later today so she can go sit in the airing cupboard whilst I take some review photos for the site, and work on my Spits and Lightning parts. Still undecided on scheme - but may be this one - flown by Hptm. Wilhelm Balthasar, Kommandeur III./JG3 - Desvres/France - August 1940. Please feel free to remind me in 6 months that this was going to be a 'quick build'! Iain
  3. There are new prop and supercharger intake for late models, such as 109G-10 and 109K. This airscrew have late type broad chord blades and suitable for Hasegawa and Revell 109's. Supercharger intake intended for Hasegawa's Bf109K/G-10 and for our future G-6AS conversion and G-10 correction set for Revell sets.
  4. Hi, Here is my last finish build. It was my "summer build", as for summer holidays i wanted to build a simple model, almost OOB, fast and simple. I have already unsprued most of the parts while on a journey and thought it would be very fast to then glue and paint it. But it wasnt so fast. I firstly very enjoyed the new Revell kit, as the OOB details are pretty good in the cockpit and wheel bays. But when i started to build it, i understood why there was so much critics about the strange engineering. Yes it's strange and sometime quite silly (mutiple parts gear legs, joints to be filled only a few millimeters from a panel line, and so on...). Filling and sanding the engine cowling was not easy and very time consuming. I've not built it 100% OOB as i've used the Alleycat correction resin set. I was not impressed by this set and i think it is under their usual quality. I may have been unlucky and maybe i've got a bad set, but it was not good. Some parts were useless because they were oversized, some were badly cast (soft and undefined, a real paint to clean up), and a number of bubbles. But some parts were used (radiator cowling, exhausts, spinner and propeller, cowling bulges....) and the set was not very expensive, so i'm not that upset. I've also used a quickboost bf109G gun set. The gondolas and the dust filter come from a Hasegawa kit. I know as a trop 109 there should be the umbrella holder brackets but i think i was a bit lazy (and i'm not sure they were fitted on all tropical 109) So in my opinion it's a good kit, nicely detailed and more accurate than the Hasegawa kit in some areas, but at the moment i still prefer the Hasegawa 109 as it is simpler and faster to build. I will soon try some Trumpeter 109, i'm going to see if it is better. The decals are from the Chris Busbridge Regia Aeronautica Bf109 set. They are very nicely printed and the film is thin and easy to move. I will have no worries to use any other decals printed by Fantasy Printshop.
×
×
  • Create New...