Revell, Hasegawa Henri D. Fw 190F-8 spinner, fan and prop blades

fockewings

Hei all,

some small comparision since I am not able to post pics on the thread it was intented for.

The first to the left is the incorrectly shaped Hasegawa blade of the "new-mold"

Second to it is the nicely done PCM blade only needing some minor tweaking at the top

Third is HDs superb blade measured and copied from an original part freshly discovered at the Luftwaffenmuseum Berlin-Gatow

Last ist the under-strength Revell-blade. Same problem as with the Heinkel 219 Revell Kit. Too slim/narrow

DSC05916.JPG

next pic is a line-up of all the spinner-cones I have available

to the left the undersized Hase spinner

in the middle the freshly received Revell F-8 spinner with wrong positioned panel lines and too blunt at the top

the last is HDs newly made Spinner for the F-8 the openings for the blade roots are wider on the F-9 but the rest is virtually the same. Dont let yourself be tricked - the small edge underneath needs to be trimmed down a lot to have the bottom part fitted (seen in the front)

DSC05911.JPG

this is an old Hase Prop which I had balcanced for my A-4 conversion I started almost ten yers ago. This project stalled due to the whereabouts of information regarding the winter camo of JG54. Anyway I am lucky not to have proceeded since the Prop will be modified to HDs Blades and Spinner set. Again this is the original part put together only minor rivets added.

DSC05912.JPG

Edited by fockewings

this one happend by pure mistake. I had removed the slim edge for centering the bottom part of HDs set and couldnt use it for any serious balancing. I speak of balancing since my model has a circuit with motor LEDs and Sound syncronised from the start until the end with position lights and exhaust- gas-flickering...

Anyway I thought of trying this out and voila - the Spinner from HDs F-9 set fit over the Hase without turnig it down. Note the bigger openings for the F-9 blades/wooden blades

Also the cane sits to high caused by the Resin collected in the top

DSC05913.JPG

to check the result I took another badly balanced centerpart and cut off the peak

DSC05914.JPG

putting the Cone over it shows the change in appearance

SO the Fan blades do not appear so long anymore.. Still missing is the cones bottom-part

DSC05915.JPG

the next pics are showing some Hase Landing gear covers - heavily modified to fit into the wings underside openings. Hasegawa made a shortcut there but Revell appears more correct and they didnt forget about details either.. They are long enough and fit properly giving the right appearance.

DSC05918.JPG

DSC05919.JPG

Also, before someone is calling my info "unverifiable information" I better do my own topic with own pics and reliable pics to explain and guide. I am doing the FW190 since over ten years now and I am still finding new things and also the information and the research thanks to friends and collegues are much more sound than for example 15-20 years before. Consider only the camo and the markings.

Anyway this pic shows the leg fully extended and out. The model is my heavily modified Hase-Bird in 1/32 to resemble an early A-4.

Well back to the Spinner and the nose:

I removed the cowling ring and the oil armour ring to have them next to each other

1. to the left Hasegawa

2.true copy without changes through PCM

3.HDs newly made armour ring for the F-8 Watch out the outside has a tiny bit more material since the curb was slightly different from the A-8/F-8

4. Revell which is nice nut to high it seems   I need to compare mesurements later on in this tread

DSC05921.JPG

Revells Oil cooler and armour-ring. The profile-curbs are almost not there on the nose ring. Here is Hasegawa better but since the Hase Armour ring is split in to two parts, it makes it very difficult to get a round shape together with the oil cooler ring.

DSC05923.JPG

Edited by fockewings