Kinetic Hawk 115: RCAF NATO Flying School

Guest Jessie_C

Guest Jessie_C

Well, I did say that I do large scale kits on occasion, and here's one of them. This is a review kit, sent to Aeroscale by Kinetic so I owe it to them to build it. I've just barely started by splashing about some Neutral Grey over the cockpit bits. Once it dries I'll get going on the detail painting.

hawk_1.jpg

hawk_2.jpg

hawk_3.jpg

Guest Jessie_C

Okaaaaaaay! That's fantastic. Given that this is a review build I'm sticking to straight out of the box but it's refreshing to read how to really go to town on this kit :)

Guest Jessie_C

While waiting for the paint to dry I indulged myself in subassemblies.

The sprue gates on the bang seats are very inconveniently placed.
hawk_4.jpg
They need very careful cleanup.
hawk_5.jpg
Another poor sprue gate is the one in the flap recess. Once more, cleanup must be done with extreme caution.
hawk_6.jpg
There, subassemblies galore :)
hawk_7.jpg

Guest Jessie_C

Does anyone know a source for the very obvious plackards and stencils on the bang seats? I was expecting to find them on the decal sheet and they just aren't there :(

Does anyone know a source for the very obvious plackards and stencils on the bang seats? I was expecting to find them on the decal sheet and they just aren't there :(

I don't know of anything specific, but take a look at what airscale offers and see if they could be adapted:

http://www.airscale.co.uk/placards.php

Kev

The ones from Revell's Hawk should work.

Guest Jessie_C

The ones from Revell's Hawk should work.

Given that I haven't got that kit, does anyone have any spares going unused? I promise they'll go to a good home :)

Nice to see another one of these kits being built. Mine is further along but I haven't had a chance to work on anything thanks to a new baby and moving. Hopefully, I will get to finish it sometime soon.

As for seat markings, the ones that I planned to use came with the AM seat belt set.

Carl

Guest Jessie_C

More subassemblies. The intakes in white primer
hawk_8.jpg
Instrument panels with the first bits of black on them
hawk_9.jpg
And the cockpit tub with its black
hawk_10.jpg