7.92mm Rheinmetall MG 17 machine guns

Hacker

looking for clear pictures and or drawings of the 7.92mm Rheinmetall MG 17 machine gun for my Me110C-4B. Trying to sort out what they look like and though l have some info l need as always more and better detail pics. The Revell ones well what can l say SUCK!! but l have a solution. l got a 1/35 Tamiya German Infintry set with the same gun but as a small arm version. Looking at what l have l can see it will be easy to convert them to the aircraft version but l need clear pictures or reference of just the guns. So l hope you guys can help.

post-542-1189348325.jpg

Hacker ;) ;)

Hi Hacker

Having just spent a few minutes looking into this it would appear to be the case that the MG 17 was used in fixed installations (Me 109, Fw 190) and the gun used for flexible mounts (Me 110, Ju 87, Fi 167 etc) was the MG 15. Big difference being that the MG 17 used belted ammo, whereas the MG 15 used the familiar drum magazines.

I am not 100% sure of this, having never really though about it before.

Here's a nice overview of the weapon.

post-528-1189352300.jpg

and here's the trigger end.

post-528-1189352467.jpg

I have a few more and some pics of the ammo drum as well - want?

Matt

post-542-1189354149.jpg

This is what l am trying for here. l got the gunners weapons covered in both versions its just this one l am working on and l need to see if l can find clear pics or drawing of the MG-17 machine guns with out all the clutter

hacker ;) ;)