Special Hobby Morane Saulnier Type N

Guest LSP_Jay L

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Guys;

I was going to start work on a 72nd Zeppelin Straaken but thought I should get a bit of practice with rigging first so I decided to start this Moraine I have been avoiding for a while.

It is a very nicely detailed little model, multi media including etched and resin. One thing that I have taken for granted with Special Hobby/ Azur / MPM kits is the soft plastic. I have found it to be really good when sanding and drilling etc. and I have to confess that I am really enjoying this little model.

Here is the first stuff up, and I have begun by drilling out the holes for the exhausts as well as the control wires. Everything is clearly marked so this is a dead easy task.

I started with the holes for the rigging in the wings, as they are straight through the wings, and this will make riggin very easy on this model. Special Hobby have got these spot on with this kit, as there is a picture in Ray Rimmels windsock datafile on the Moraines and these are visible as plain as day. Aside from the wheels there is nothing on this model that isn't to like. so far. the engine looks like it will be a bit of an adventure... :ph34r:

post-622-1167358048.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Here we see all of the cockpit components laid out ready for paint. This has been completed now, and stuff like the leather (done in oils ) are drying tonight to be finished tomorrow. Pics to follow.

post-622-1167358203.jpg

WOW Jay,

How did I miss this one, Of course any more it is hard to stay on page one. The forum is really getting into high gear anymore. I'll have to start checking page two more often.

This is a kit I would like to try out how much was it running Jay?

Great work as always! I have a Hasagawa P12E on the bench ready to build as soon as I get the 109 finished.

Cheers Murph...

Hi Jay,

Looks good so far, can't wait for the next installment.

The bracing and wingwarping wires were attached to a small inverted "V" at the wing surface.

This is the reason for the two holes you've drilled out. (Shows Special Hobby are paying attention to detail)

All the wires were single. I've a picture in one of my references that I'll try to find and scan later.

Cheers

Tim

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks guys!

I have a few on the go at the moment Chris! :ph34r: Keeps me out of trouble....

Right you are Tim, they invert into a wire stretcher top and bottom, and I think Special Hobby must have used and thoroughly studied the Windsock datafile as there is a vrilliant picture of a crashed type N that clearly shows the configuration of the wires.

I have made some progress over the last few days, and while I am slightly behind in the photo processing department, I have a small update here.

I have the fuselage together, and as Jamie mentioned a fair bit of sanding was done on the bottom, but I di manage to get the cockpit in with very little effort. I added a couple of sires for the instrument but aside from that it is as it comes. It needs a bit of a wash, which I will do when I have the oils out for doing the wooden prop.

Cheers guys,

Jay

post-622-1167787160.jpg

:lol: Don't you love the lap sash seat belts. Ah mate...my dad could stepped out of his pusbox Landcruiser and straight into one of these and felt right at home.

You really have the wood effect cooking.

Looking good mate...cheers Matty