Ki-100

Loic

Hi guys,

thanks for the kind words everybody ;)

I just realized that I have been working in the shadow for a while... I do not know why I forgot to post the progress here but well, no big deal, here it is, all in one go :)

I have first been priming the main parts in order to check if there were some big issues: result is OK I guess.

The details start to pop up.

post-3547-1237129259.jpg

Time to add the push rods... If you look back to post #41, you will see some black items glued on the "push rod ring". These are pieces of 0.5mm electrical wire rubber sleeve. I have made the push rods from stitching pines (not sure this is how they are called) and the rubber bit allow the 2 sharp end to mate while the rubber self adjust. I hope this make sence but the pic may help understand my praise...

post-3547-1237129892.jpg

Last pic for now with a side view that shows the push rods layout and especially the ones for the rear row of cylindres. The way they are angled is pretty obvious seen from here.

Time to paint all those stuffs now...

Thanks for following.

Cheers,

loic

post-3547-1237130558.jpg

Awesome Loic, simply awesome! :blink: Can't even imagine how tough it must have been to get all those pushrods cut out to the right size and get them so symmetrical. VERY NICE! :rolleyes: Excellent castings and detail. Whaahhh, I'm so impressed, I can't get my lower jaw off the floor. Can't wait to see what you come up with next Dude! Later, Russ

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the kind words about the engine. I have to say what you have seen so far was the easy bit :(

I spent about 5 hours yesterday evening installing the ignition harness! This damn thing comes from 2 "meeting points" at the back of the engine and runs throug all the engines up to the cylindres... a real mess I am telling you!

So that was a pain... but if you think this was difficult, just keep in mind I now have to paint it!

I can not tell if the real thing was easy to maintain or not and it possibly was a brilliant design indeed but as far as modelling this engine is concerned, it is just a pitty :o

Anyway, the digital cam batteries are being reloaded as we speak so I will shot pics and post them later.

Cheers buddies,

loic

Guys,

as promised, here are some pics of the engine with the ignition wiring on.

I also painted it... it was not as difficult as I would have thought but there are some few areas where I could get no access at all to paint. Hopefully, it is about equally difficult to see the wires in those areas so that should be OK in the end I guess.

post-3547-1237242061.jpg

from the back now.

One can see the 2 points where all the cable meet at 3 and 8 o'clock on the pic.

I used a short piece of alu tubing and did slide all the wires into itin order to have a tight fit.

Then, a drop of CA and some Dremel action...

post-3547-1237242895.jpg

Last pic for today.

I tryed to capture the point where all the wires actually meet.

There are 14 wires on each side... It was a real mess to put all this into position!

The engine still needs some extra dry brushing and wash action but this front part is near completion now.

Thanks for your interest guys.

Cheers,

loic

post-3547-1237243199.jpg