Revell Mosquito

Ted Barrett

Hi Guys,!

I think it's taken me longer to figure out, once again, how to get pictures from photobucket to this thread than it took me to do the work on the model.  LOL

Anyway here's some pics of my further progress.

No great shakes, just very basic paintwork and gluing.

At least as the last photo will show, there's no more tape holding the fuselage together!  YAY!!

Ted

e963b25c-3f08-4c9c-bdfd-184c7c598a82.jpg

Left and right sidewalls.

Because of its age the interior of the Revell kit could certainly use replacing, but since this is an exercise in getting my first kit done in more years than I want to think about, what the kit "offers" is what is going to be painted.

bright.jpg

bleft.jpg

That's it for now.

It's nice to have the tape of the centre line and glue in its place!

Now I just have to figure out how to get the nose glass to fit as it seems to be a touch wider than the fuselage, a point that I did not notice until after the glue had set in the nose area.

Talk to you soon,

Ted

bglued.jpg

Great start! I've actuallly had luck sanding the oversized clear area down to size, then using consecutively finer sand paper grits smooth it down. Finally I normally use Tamiyas polishing compounds to get it back to a Future ready finish. This of course applies only to IM and resin clear parts, not vac.

Thanks Kai and Brian,

It's coming along.

Tonight I'm going to see if I can razor saw the bottom of the fuselage along the centreline and spread it enough to take in the nose glass.

I'm also hoping to get the main gear struts cleaned up and painted so I can get her up on her wheels.

Talk to you soon,

Ted