Trumpeter F-105 windscreen question - Your input needed

ghatherly

As many of you know I am in the final stages working on a windscreen and canopy correction set for the Trumpeter Thunderchief, both kits.   My question is:  it is common knowledge that the kit panel is 3-5 mm to  high.  The Eduard set lowers the panel top buy providing a correctly scaled instrument panel.   This allows for the other goodies to be installed on the dash and hung form the windscreen frame.  

Does  the Aires Resin sets lower the front panel and the Coaming in the same way?  If using the stock parts do you lower the panel to get the proper spacing from the top of the panel to the windscreen frame and if so by how much?   My question stems from the fact that neither the old Cutting edge kit or my kit will work without lowering the panel that is made to high.  

I can make a new deck and coaming at the proper height to fit with the new canopy set if there is a standard or common amount that builders are lowering the kit panel.

Thanks, Gary

I am using the Aires kit and it is lower than the kit IP or the Black Box, and I had to cut and trim Eduard IP to fit on Aires coming.

Check my build on the Vietnam group build, it's Alice's Joy, Col. Jack Broughton's bird.

Thanks Andre,

You are doing a beautiful job.   IT is once to find another builder who takes parts from different places to make something really nice.

I ended up ordering an Aires set and I have the Eduard set.   I just want to be able to write instructions that are clear and not have a buyer surprised when the stock instrument panel does not fit without modifications.

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Hi Jack,

Thanks for letting me know about there BB cockpit, I had forgotten about that set when I asked my question.    IT looks like in order to use my set, the after marker panels and coaming/dash panels will fit just fine.   This is what I needed to know in order to make the instructions accurate, and to make sure that the correct shape windscreen will fit the panel.   Trumpeter made the windscreen like they did so that it would fit over their mis-shapoped panel coaming.

Thanks for the help guys.