Aviattic 1:28 lozenge decals

LSP_K2

This may come as no new news to some, but I just discovered yesterday that Aviattic is now making 1:28 four and five color lozenge decals.

This is fantastic news for me, as the aborted end to my Revell kit (here), was due in large part, to the absolutely lousy decals I was using from someone else at the time. (There were also several other errors with this effort, in large part owing to my then ignorance of the facts, but the decals are really what killed it for me.) With a fresh set of new decals (when I can get around to buying some), I may now be able to resurrect this project and finish it at long last. I'm a happy pup.

That is good news. Beats the old days...back when I used to enlarge the lozenge pattern drawings, make a dozen copies and cut out stencils by hand to airbrush each of the colors in turn ! Of course, as tedious is that was, the look of it beat any decals until the stuff from Aviattic came into being. For oddball stuff though you can still stencil the pattern and spray it onto sheets of decal film and get a great look.

Joe66

I intended to try that very thing, Joe, but opted instead for decals that were made available to me, but neither set I had worked out well at all, so I canned the project, intending to resurrect it if ever I could.

The Fokker D.VII is my all time favorite WWI aircraft (followed very closely by the Dr.I), so to now be able to finally finish that old beast, is really a thrilling notion for me. When this will actually take place is anyone's guess, but at least I can prepare for it by securing a set or two of these gorgeous decals while they're available.