Trop 109G

DMurph

Thanks LSP Chris! That's an awesome example! Do you think clear sprue would make a noticable difference?

I might have to break out the other 109 after my MiG 21 is finished!

Gary V.

That's ok Chris I'm still doing prep work on the fuse sanding seams, And going crazy trying to make decent buckles for the straps. Maybe next time on the fuel line thou, I already am past that. I did paint it silver to represent the clear tube.

As for the paint scheme it is going to be Trop Yellow 7, Pilot OBLT Tonne, Staffelkapitan, 3/JG 53, Bizerta, Feb,1943.

Cheers Murph...

Piet all I do is try to bend them out of thin wire. I have been toying around with making them from plastic I'll let you know how it comes out with some pics.

Cheers...

Well folks,

After getting my hands on some good pics of the harness straps," thanks to all who posted them" Here is my redition of the shoulder strap I'll do some minor bending if it and I'm sure it will look better painted.

Now all I have to do is 3 more...

Thanks again

Cheers Murph...

post-4-1147959493_thumb.jpg

Your harness straps are coming along nicely. I have used wire in the past, mostly on 1/48, but 1/32 too. I am going to try and fine some very thin lead solder and try it that way as solder is much more maleable than thin steel wire. I can never get that funky shape of the lap belt buckle using wire.

• 7 months later...