1:32 RAF accumulator trolley (early type) optionally with generating set

johnie hopper

They look really good and would make fantastic additions to a simple base on which you display an RAF aircraft.   Are they scratch-built or are they a kit?   As I don't know anything about these pieces of equipment, can you tell us about the colours you used and what specific period they apply to?   Love your work!

Cheers,

Wayne

Thank you,

unfortunately they are scratchbuilt because I haven't found responding kit (see WIP section). 

You can find those and similar trolleys at many pictures of RAF bases. During BoB they used mostly simple trolley with accumulators and lately they were modified by using of available army generating set (300 W BSA or JAP).  Lately during war the construction was changeded for towing behind vehicles.

Even though it's thought very often, that there was used only RAF blue grey, the real colour depends mostly on weighed time of use (there's a lot of discussions in others forums)

For example here

So I decided to use Khaki green No3 as I would like to use them under 601 Squadron Airacobra Mk.I and Hurricane IIb during summer and autumn 41.

• 1 month later...