1/72 FAS Corsair (1957)

Warbird Kid

Hey Guys!

This was a quick(ish) one that I was able to finish up in a a day. It helped that I started this model 2-3 years ago, and had gotten to the point with completing the cockpit, assembled the model, painted the exterior Gloss Sea Blue, and then started adding the white and blue onto the model. But that's where I was discouraged at how it was coming out, and shelfed it. Finally getting up the "Moxie" to complete it recently (as I was home for a few days last week) I decided to finish it.

PXL_20221005_194729884.MP.jpg

I had already the FAS Decals and needed to complete the white and blue on the model. Took a little while but it started to come together. Then it was just a matter of adding the decals. They went on super easy and were very easy to work with! I modified the FAS "213" decal to: "217" in honor of our own Corsair BuNo: 92460 which was "217" while serving with the El Salvadorian Air Force.

PXL_20221005_194714239.MP.jpg

This model will go on display in the case in front of the actual Corsair (along with a few other models I've already built for this display). The goal will be eventually to have a 3D model timeline of our aircraft's history. From factory to museum!

PXL_20221005_194720895.MP.jpg

I will hopefully have the motivation to complete a few other Corsairs in this project that I've had lingering in limbo for awhile now. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Warbird Kid

• Warbird Kid changed the title to 1/72 FAS Corsair (1957)