Hello everyone. I was hoping to find information on markings for a DAP. I have the Kitty Hawk MH-60L kit, which has all the pieces to create a DAP, but lacks the decals/markings required to complete it properly. Does anyone have details on which tail numbers were fitted as DAP's, if so, what number was it and did it have a name for the aircraft i.e. Southern Comfort etc?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Not yet. I was trying to find Floyd on ebay, but he has no items listed, so I was unable to send him an email. Thanks for the link. From what I have read in here, at least one person had trouble with the decals being black and therefore invisible on a black helicopter. Seems logical, but I also understand that they may not be truly black, and more like a dark dark grey.

While this in the end, has no effect on my build, since I plan to build out the DAP. I understand that the decals do not represent any known helicopters and are basically for the Somalia mission only. So I will either have to cut my own tail number to create a proper matching bird, if I can find one. I have looked at one set of decals by werner's wings, but did not see or recognize any DAP birds in his comprehensive set. It may rest inside one of the other sets he has, I just need to get a closer look at what he has available.

Another noob question. Would any other units, beside 160th, fly a DAP configured aircraft, or were they specifically created just for the SPEC-OPS guys? I know this really a great comparison, but when I was active duty as a Cavalry Scout, we carried M-4s. At that time, it set us apart from other MOS's, when soldiers saw our gear, they knew we were something other than infantry. From what I understand today, the M-4 has become the primary weapon carried by the majority of soldier, including infantry because it functioned so well inside the typical ranges of engagements. So the army isn't completely run by knuckleheads, they indeed are able to learn and adapt to the reality of modern warfare.

Anyway, thanks for the link.!

Anthony D'Agostino :)