1/32 Hasegawa Focke Wulf Fw-190F-8

Tolga ULGUR

7 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

May 8th was the final day - I read it as it flew TO Sweden and crash landed and that was it. I think it is in the translation from the Czech (?)

Due to the description in "hobbyvista" this 190 made the flight to Sweden. But 3 Luftwaffe personel in this aircraft. Is it possible. I have no idea. As a result this is not a car...

"This aircraft was an FW 190 F-8 from III./S.G.3, a ground-attack unit that served alongside J.G. 54 in the Courland Pocket during the last months of the war. Three Luftwaffe personnel made the flight to Sweden in this aircraft, including Stabsfeldwebel Werner Skirlo, Fw. Johann Gruber and Fw. Adolf Karnel. The aircraft belly-landed, but was not badly damaged. The aircraft carried what Ken Merrick describes as a "very interesting" scheme. It was RLM 75/83, but unusually, the 83 was applied in large blobs on the fuselage sides. The wingtips seem white, but were probably yellow. The spinner had a black/white spiral, and 'Black M + I' carried a late-war version of the Balkenkreuz. This FW 190 was scrapped and the parts were turned over to the Soviet Union in autumn 1945. Click on the thumbnail below to view a photograph of 'Black M + I'   "

13 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Due to the description in "hobbyvista" this 190 made the flight to Sweden. But 3 Luftwaffe personel in this aircraft. Is it possible. I have no idea. As a result this is not a car...

"This aircraft was an FW 190 F-8 from III./S.G.3, a ground-attack unit that served alongside J.G. 54 in the Courland Pocket during the last months of the war. Three Luftwaffe personnel made the flight to Sweden in this aircraft, including Stabsfeldwebel Werner Skirlo, Fw. Johann Gruber and Fw. Adolf Karnel. The aircraft belly-landed, but was not badly damaged. The aircraft carried what Ken Merrick describes as a "very interesting" scheme. It was RLM 75/83, but unusually, the 83 was applied in large blobs on the fuselage sides. The wingtips seem white, but were probably yellow. The spinner had a black/white spiral, and 'Black M + I' carried a late-war version of the Balkenkreuz. This FW 190 was scrapped and the parts were turned over to the Soviet Union in autumn 1945. Click on the thumbnail below to view a photograph of 'Black M + I'   "

Yeah, that was done on many occations to escape the advancing Russians. Usually the pilots had a good chance of getting out, but the ground crew - who often were good friends of the pilots - had a much smaller chance. One could be carried in the rear fuselage (where he should watch to to interfere with the control cables) and one on the lap of the pilot. There is a picture somewhere with a person in the rear fuselage, but I could not find it