Bf 109 f4 trop 9./JG 27

Dainis

Thanks for all the help from everyone. And thanks TAG for the photographic links, nice to see the real thing. I'm going to break out the sprue cutters tomorrow and start while I finish weathering my Spit mk ixc. Oh by the way, the kit is missing one exhaust stack. Is there a resin replacement for the Hasegawa stacks( a short search came up empty) or am I scratch building one? Just wondering.

16 hours ago, Dainis said:

I looked up a photograph and it is in fact von Boremki's plane of 9./JG3, not JG 27.The EaglCals reference the aircraft as JG27. It would seem to be an error on their part? Nonetheless, the paint scheme is the same, with the strange asymmetrical delineation. Various other sources seem to back this up. Was this a one off or were there others with similar type overpaint in the same JG?

It appears the whole Staffel received this paint scheme.  These aircraft were originally destined for North Africa and were delivered in overall RLM 79.  After being diverted to 9./JG 3 they received the RLM 75 and 70 to make the camo more suitable for the Eastern Front.

6 hours ago, Dainis said:

Thanks for all the help from everyone. And thanks TAG for the photographic links, nice to see the real thing. I'm going to break out the sprue cutters tomorrow and start while I finish weathering my Spit mk ixc. Oh by the way, the kit is missing one exhaust stack. Is there a resin replacement for the Hasegawa stacks( a short search came up empty) or am I scratch building one? Just wondering.

Quickboost and Eduard both make exhausts for the 109, they may be listed for a "G" but are also appropriate for an "F".

6 hours ago, Mikester said:

Quickboost and Eduard both make exhausts for the 109, they may be listed for a "G" but are also appropriate for an "F".

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.:D