F4H-1 Phantom conversion- any options newer than Cutting Edge?

seiran01

A quick look at that pic and the Douglas Escapac seat looks like a very good starting point to mod to make one of these.

I found a CE F4H-1 in a Hobby Shop in Tokyo in some out of the way lane by Akihabara Station almost 10 years ago for the massive sum of 7000Y ie 60 USD...and a pile of other CE stuff for cheap.

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 2:04 AM, thierry laurent said:

The problem is also which prototype you want to make as there were many subtle variations. Moreover good documentation is not that common. I believe that CE also released an ebook about the mark that is possibly still available. The planes were visually attractive because of their colors but I am afraid the customer base for such a conversion is not that large considering the fact a proportion of the few interested people already have the old one. 

A great summery of the issues presented a company in making a conversion kit.  We looked at making a set a few years back and the cost, not to mention the limited and high cost of decals make if a financial looser as a. commercial offering.   This is one of those subjects that scratch building is the only option.  the good news is that Dave Klaus still has the decal set and ebook available.

Gary