Ar-196a3 Interior Color Advice

Jager

Utilizing both 'The Official Monogram Painting Guide" and "German Aircraft Interiors 1935-1945" authored by Kenneth A. Merrick with Thomas Hitchcock on 'Painting Guide" both  publications spec RLM66.  Airframe Album #7 Ar-196 is weak on color pictures and discussion on interior color. There is one revealing canopy frame  picture of the NASM's 196 waiting restoration that seems to support RLM66. In the same publication in the "Models" section most of them were built with RLM02 cockpits. Web searching completed Ar-196 yields the same confusion. Having built numerous WW2 German aircraft, RLM66 is the proper color for this vintage aircraft.

At this point I am going with RLM66 unless the case for RLM02 for this aircraft can be made.

Thanks for your input ahead of time,

Jager 

Just conjecture to keep the thread going:Many Luftwaffe types had a mixture of both 66 and 02. The '196 had a partial fabric covered fuselage; was the fabric visible from the 'pit 66, 02, or something else? Early Me-110Es had the front office in 66 with the aft crew area in 02. Do-17s were often the same way. Could the '196 be the same? I wonder if there are any surviving documents about painting directives for the '196.