A new line of 3D figures, I need your opinion

onosendai

Did you sculpt the figure in Zbrush?

Just got that program and I am loving it.

Jon

Funny, I was just going to ask the same question. I've been using ZBrush for almost a year, amazing software.

You want to capture the time period by uniform and poses that apply to the job.

As an ex Phantom crew chief, I spent my first two in the overall green "pickle suit" like Vietnam type. The trousers were like slacks with crease down the front and back of the leg. They also had the front pockets externally sewn on so there would be pocket lines. Rectangular pocket flap on both back pockets. Only the Security Police had them tucked in the boot, everyone else had a slightly angled hem at the ankle. Speaking of boot, maintenance had to have steel toe, so no jungle boots on the flightline. Not sure about Vietnam. Also had to have a white t-shirt under the always tucked in button up shirt with two upper pockets, also with squared flaps. They always had name tapes just above the pockets. Last name on the right, U.S. AIR FORCE on the left. At the time, had three patches, one centered on each pocket, third centered on RH chest/shoulder. Blue web belt with black square shaped buckle kept just left of the seam.

When switched to BDU, trousers were now tucked into the boot, two creases in the side "magazine" pockets with pleat at the back of the pocket only. Rectangular flap on top. Integral front and back pockets, so only angled slit front, and rectangular flap without buttons back. Green or brown t-shirt without LH pocket tucked in, (green shirt dropped after 1989). For air Force, sleeves weren't just rolled up, the rolled up portion had the base sleeve portion folded over to keep a neat appearance. Front would always be buttoned as well as pockets. Rank chevrons are located center of forearm. Also no hats worn on the flightline (again, post Vietnam). Hair for men with sides short, not touching the ears.No more than 2" bulk on top, women either cut at collar, or tied back with no long ponytail. IIRC!   HTH. 

Did you sculpt the figure in Zbrush?

Yes, with the help of one of the best italian digital artist http://www.koraxart.com/index.html, we have chosen the "traditional" digital sculpting rather than using real subjects scanned because we don't like much the look hyper-realistic, matter of taste.

Master printed by Shap with the new FXD material that costs 5 time less than Envisiontech print, not the same quality obviously but a good compromise.

You want to capture the time period by uniform and poses that apply to the job.

Thanks for the info, really appreciated, I spent hours to collect photographic material, I hope to do a good job.