Monogram 1/48 Typhoon IB

stikpusher

After roughly 5 weeks of effort my first project of 2015 is complete. Monogram's 1969 vintage 1/48 Typhoon IB with a little help from my spares box, Ultracast (resin), and Eduard, Reheat & Airwaves (PE). Decals are from Superscale for a Typhoon of 439 Squadron RCAF in Northwest Europe in Winter/Spring 1945. Paints are mostly Model Master Enamels, with some Humbrol and Tamiya as well...

100_1719_zpsbips0oxh.jpg

100_1720_zpshz4l8kt8.jpg

100_1721_zps7cpv7jtk.jpg

100_1723_zpsyo8crs2b.jpg

100_1724_zps1g6jemdw.jpg

100_1725_zpsor06bvdb.jpg

100_1734_zpsam4oa8nw.jpg

100_1735_zpsey6ogezt.jpg

100_1736_zpserv57ncv.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques are welcome

Edited by stikpusher

Wow, that's turned out very nicely indeed! I have this kit in the stash, with the old KMC update set, so now I'm tempted to get it out. Damn you!

Kev

LOL! Thank you sir. With a little help, this kit builds up real nice. I have another with the same add ones plus the full Eduard PE set. Of course that one will have RPs...

Thank you Peter. No I actually left most of the raised panel lines in place. I did rescribe a few in the nose area and lower wing that were lost during seam clean up. But since photos show the Tiffy had overlapping skin panels, especially on the fuselage, I felt that the raised lines would be no more inaccurate than butt joined recessed lines.

Thank you for the compliments guys. Yes, all the basic lines of the kit are good. With a little help from various sources, it does build up quite nicely and with no headaches. Pretty good for a kit originally molded over 45 years ago.